Founded in 1991, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organisation devoted to international solidarity, social and humanitarian causes in the fields of humanitarian assistance and development aid, both in France and in the world.
No. of Post:
Khartoum (including travel to project site if needed)
6 month (renewable depending on performance and funding)
04 Dec 2022
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest people. SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require the mobilization of emergency relief and/or implementation of development programs. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
ROLE WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION:
The Logistics Officer will be primarily responsible for purchasing and receiving materials ordered in Khartoum(and out of Khartoum if needed), ensuring that all SIF procurement policies and procedures are followed at all times. The Logistics Officer will ensure the correct management of the Supply Chain in Khartoum. He will provide logistics support on all steps of procurement, the entry and exit of stock from suppliers, and ensure proper record keeping and distributions.. He is responsible for Fleet (vehicle & Generator) regular follow-up on usage, fueling, maintenance and servicing. He is also assigned to regular follow-up SIF premises and ensures timely maintenance. The Logistics Officer will be required to travel to other bases to support the logistics team for all logistical needs, especially procurement, storage, fleet, premise management, IT follow-up, food distribution and other requirements when needed.
Head of Mission → Logistics Coordinator → Logistics Officer
Duties and responsibilities:
- The Logistics Officer directly reports to the Logistics Coordinator.
- The Logistics Officer is responsible for all mission procurement in Khartoum.
- Comply, respect and abide by the SIF Procurement procedures & Donor Procurement guidelines Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator.
- Maintain proper archiving of “procurement files” ensuring their completeness in both hard copies and soft copies.
- Ensure that purchasing requests (IOF’s) and other purchasing documents are filled properly
- Assist with the development and management of the mission supplier database and price lists.
- Collect quotations from suppliers and prepare all procurement documentation as outlined in the Procurement Thresholds.
- Prepare contracts and framework agreements in liaison with the Logistics Coordinator.
- Collect quotations from various vendors and then make a price list that is updated regularly.
- Prepare a Mission pre-qualified vendor list for all categories; goods/services/works.
- Preparation of the Monthly report on the Logistics (MLR) of the Base (fleet, stock follow-up, inventory List, equipment list, contract follow-up, etc.)
- Liaise with Admin Department on all procurement and payment activities.
- Provides regular detailed reports on all logistics operations of the base.
Objective 2:Stock Management
- Plan and manage monthly inventory of the Stock and equipment
- To be responsible for the correct storage and management of stock in any other tasked location.
- Receive goods destined for SIF base/s.
- Verify that all items ordered are received.
- Verify that the packing lists reflect the actual items received and inform the carrier / or supplier/ or shipper/ consignor if there are any missing or damaged items.
- Prepare Goods Received Notes (GRNs).
Objective 3:Maintenance of the Stock and Warehouse
- Technically support the base logistician/ if SIF extend the activities in different States
- To be responsible for appropriate stocking of all items in the store including; the environment, ventilation, the temperature of the store and the organization of items, separated and arranged appropriately.
- Support the Base Logistician in Creating and maintaining up-to-date warehouse documentation thus; Bin Cards, Stock Cards, Warehouse Issue Notes, Goods Received Notes, Loss & Damage Reports with technical support from LogCo and ensure Warehouse reports.
- Ensure updating of the electronic Stock Report according to actual and theoretical stock.
- Carry out the monthly inventory and ensure coherence with the Stock Report in the event of record adjustments notify the Logistics Coordinator to validate the adjustments/reconciliations as necessary giving clear justifications.
- Control access to the warehouse and ensure all items are secured at all times.
- Ensure the cleanliness and good order of the warehouse at all times.
- Submit any requests for stock management items (Bin Cards, Stock cards, Padlocks, Stock Reports etc) to the Logistics Coordinator.
- Work with the Logistics Coordinator, base logistician and Project teams on supply chain planning to ensure that there is always enough space in the warehouse to accommodate new orders/consignments.
Objective 4: Dispatch
- Prepare and package items needed by the project teams, accurately (labelling, counting) in good time and with great care to avoid damage.
- Prepare Packing Lists & Waybills appropriately.
- Ensure Donation Certificates are prepared and issued with each item given to partners as guided by the Logistics Coordinator
- Ensure all warehouse documents are properly for easy reach; waybills, stock cards, bin cards, supply requests, and donation certificates including electronic copies.
- Receive stock reports from base logisticians and after verification submit them to the Logistics Coordinator every week.
Objective 5:Fleet Management
- Manage Khartoumbase vehicles and drivers.
- Communicate with the program team regarding vehicle movement schedules and also inform all Khartoum staffof any changes in the vehicle movement schedules.
- Coordinate all flight / Hotel bookings and organize pick-up and drop arrangements
- Conduct regular meetings with drivers emphasizing the importance of Safety & Security.
- Ensure all vehicles are very well maintained and keep communicating with the supplier as regards the maintenance of the vehicles.
- Ensure that all vehicles must have first aid kits, fire extinguishers, spare tires and an emergency kit.
- Ensure that all drivers maintain the daily log sheets signed at all times of movement
Objective 6: Security
- Be aware of the security context within SIF working areas and the wider region, providing information to the Logistics Coordinator and HOM
Objective 7: Management of Premises.
- Undertake the renovation/ maintenance of SIF premises- office /Guesthouse/Warehouse.
- Make sure that all utilities are functional and available (Electricity, Water, Phone, internet etc)
- Make sure all premises are secure and protected from all threats (theft, electrical surge, fire etc).
- Make sure all premises are equipped with a first aid kit and fire extinguisher.
Objective 8: Other
- Attend to any other logistical or program duties as deemed necessary by the Logistics Coordinator.
- Make regular/frequent field visits to give support to base logisticians and Storekeepers
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- University degree in a relevant field with 4 years of experience in a similar role for an NGO with progressive responsibility, professional certification in mechanics preferred
- Training or knowledge in vehicle maintenance and mechanics
- A proactive person with initiative and drive, honesty with a high level of integrity; a teamplayer with good planning, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under adverse conditions which may change quickly requiring flexibility
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic, and Englush
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Valid driving license (added value)
Being an association with limited means, versatility and flexibility are necessary to overcome any difficulty temporary and exceptional.
The employee may be affected to perform other tasks in accordance with its job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
ETHICS AND PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE:
- Respect and promote SIF’s Policies and Agree to comply with SIF Code of Conduct and other regulations ensures Child safeguarding standards are upheld.
- Report to your line manager any discrepancies of SIF’s policies among the team or partners
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Position based: Khartoum(with possible travelfield to the filed if needed
- SIF is an equal-opportunity employer.
- If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV.
- Kindly please don't attach any Education Certificates – we’ll request if needed.
- Deadline for application: December 04, 2022. Duration of Contract: 6 months (renewable depending on performance and funding).
- The application should be submitted to www.sudanjob.net and also to the Labour office, Khartoum Al Jamhoriya Street.