Relief International (RI) is an international non-governmental organization US and UK based, working in the humanitarian field since 2004 in Sudan, providing emergency relief and early recovery activities to internally displaced persons (IDP) and rural communities, focusing in lifesaving health and nutrition services. RI is looking for qualified candidates to fill the vacancies mentioned herewith
Vacancy No: 1
No. of Post:
Based in El-Fasher with frequent travel to the field
8 months renewable
04 Dec 2022
Relief International (RI) is a leading global organization and home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
The Sr. MEAL is responsible to lead and support the MEAL activities in North Darfur State. The Sr. MEAL Officer will be responsible for the data verification, monitoring visits to the sites, assessments, accountability to community’s activities, and documentation of relevant data to internal Box Folder.
Supervision: The Sr. MEAL Officer will work under the technical supervision of the MEAL Coordinator and managerial supervision of the Area Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Key responsibilities of the Sr. MEAL Officer include:
- Monitoring and documentation:
- Ensure RI and partner health facilities are compliant to standard data recording and reporting procedures including proper use of MOH registration books, and other forms and templates as provided by RI technical and MEAL team
- Ensures data quality through regular supportive visits to RI and partners’ health facilities. The Officer will provide on job training to health facility staff to ensure compliance to minimum data management standards
- Review and provide timely feedback to HIS and CMAM Data Officers for required data adjustment; and conduct a follow up monitoring visit to facilities and sites to resolve discrepancies in information and obtain further information for incomplete document
- Monthly review of HIS, CMAM, and training reports received from sectors
- Conduct monthly data verification visit to sites. Following each visit, the Sr. MEAL Officer will be responsible to compile and submit data verification report to MEAL Coordinator, Sectors Coordinators, and Area Manager following each site visit. The Officer will also be responsible to do a follow up and ensure concerns identified with the data are addressed on timely manner.
- Update IPTT and share with MEAL Coordinator and Roving MEAL Manager for final review
- Create timely data backups in RI-MEAL Sudan Box Folder – IPTTs, HIS, CMAM, LogAlto data, training reports, monitoring visit reports, project photos, accountability log sheets etc…
- Work closely with the HIS Officer and CMAM Data Officer to ensure copy of monthly facility reports are archived through well maintained folders.
- Lead and facilitate regular monitoring visits to RI and Partner’s facilities (use RI standard monitoring checklist as agreed by MEAL and Sectors). Prepare and share monitoring reports with relevant staff following monitoring visits.
- Coordinate and facilitate performance evaluation, baseline, mid-term evaluation, joint monitoring etc.
- Identification and documentation of success stories, achievements, lesson learned and document recommendations to be integrated into broader knowledge management
- Support sectors in monthly data entry upon request
- Facilitate government and donor monitoring visits
- Accountability to community:
The Sr. MEAL Officer will be responsible to ensure the following specific tasks related to Accountability are achieved to expected standard:
- Conduct accountability to community activities including managing feedback and complaints channel (hotline calls, suggestion boxes, and coordinate monthly community dialogue sessions)
- Conduct regular community awareness session on feedback and complaint mechanisms
- Weekly update of community feedback and complaint log-sheet and proper file of documents in Box- Accountability folder
- Track and ensure response to received feedback and complaint
- Consolidate and share monthly community dialogue reports to MEAL Coordinator and Roving MEAL Manager for review
- Consolidate and share feedback and complaints report to MEAL Coordinator and Roving MEAL Manager by end of each month
- Build capacity of staff, partner, and community on community feedback and complaints channels
- Prepare and document accountability success stories, and other best practices
- Provide support to program and other departments on MEAL related requests
- Any other tasks as required
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, demography, sociology, epidemiology, Statistics, psychology, Monitoring & Evaluation and/or other relevant fields with at least three years of relevant professional work experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in an international NGO, in similar role/with similar responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Health, Nutrition, WASH and protection
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including logical models, conceptual frameworks, and assessment/evaluation
- Experience conducting quantitative/statistical and qualitative data analysis.
- Familiarity with information management systems and analysis software is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing beneficiary complaint and feedback mechanisms.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
To apply: Please, submit your CV, work certificates and qualification to HAC Office in Elfasher, a telephone contact number and two professional references, or online through sudanjob.net closing date: 04.12.2022, at 14:00
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview. To find out more about Relief International please visit our website at http://www.ri.org