USD 846 per month
8 working hours per days , 40 working hours per week
No. of Post:
Khartoum with frequent travel to project locations
01 Dec 2022
ZOA is an international non-governmental organisation with its head office in the Netherlands. ZOA has been working in Sudan since 2004. Its current focus is on post-conflict recovery and rehabilitation and ZOA operates programmes in North Darfur, East Darfur, South Darfur and Gedaref State, covering the sectors of food security and livelihoods & Economic Development, Integrated Water Resources Management and Education.
PURPOSE of the POSITION:
The MEAL and Gender Officer helps ensure MEAL systems are functioning well, for compliance with donor and ZOA policy, procedures, and guidelines within the country, and for the successful implementation of MEAL activities within the Strengthening Inclusive Partnerships for Smallholders in Rain-fed Areas (SIPRA) project. Also, the MEAL Officer is the gender focal point in the project and responsible for gender mainstreaming.
Duties and responsibilities:
Management of MEAL in SIPRA programme area
- Provide supervision and leadership on the MEAL activities according to ZOA’s MEAL framework for the SIPRA programme areas
- Ensure the utilization of appropriate reporting templates for data collection from programmes and develop and maintain an effective information database
- Develop and implement a workplan for the MEAL framework at the programme level
- Ensure harmonized and standardized MEAL systems and procedures are in place across different intervention areas.
- Manage key accountability mechanisms and reporting systems for SIPRA project.
- Ensure MEAL evidences (IPTT, CFR, project performance/action trackers, etc) are used for management decision making and continuous performance improvement
- Provide technical MEAL guidance in documenting progress, effectiveness and impact for donors reporting requirements, and for use in new project design
- Work closely with Program Adviser, MEAL Manager and PGMs to ensure adherence to Core Humanitarian Standards
- Support Programme Managers in developing Theory of Change, and contribute to the formulation and writing of proposals and reports
- Provide technical and methodological support to programmes for the implementation of M&E activities (incl. KAP), data management, and integration of cross-functional issues
- Lead and participate in MEAL activities such as surveys, baselines, evaluations, joint projects monitoring and reviews/lessons learning workshops/events within SIPRA programme area
- Conduct quarterly field visits per programme office for monitoring of implementation following the proposed plans and quality of programme implementation and data quality
- Assist the Senior MEAL Officer in compiling and disseminating periodic reports (such as a monthly action plan tracker and quarterly MEAL reports for the CMT)
Capacity building and organisational learning
- Undertake regular staff capacity assessments and develop capacity building plans
- Capacity building of programme teams in collecting and analysing data (method, formats, software, etc.), indicator measurement, feedback and complaint mechanisms, negative impact analysis, etc.
- Promote learning in the project, particularly on issues of programme quality and contribute to quality assurance of projects. Produce regular reports on best practices and case studies
- Ensure relevant staffs receive proper orientations, inductions, training to help them deliver their MEAL responsibilities
- Promote gender equity and equality in the SIPRA Project by encouraging a consortium wide gender-responsive work plan
- Coordinate with other MEAL team members of ZOA and Partners to integrate Gender performance monitoring indicators and activities in all projects
- Oversee the production of Gender -related best practices, lessons learned and research papers including advising on research design and methodology
- Regularly assess and strengthen the capacity of ZOA’s and partner organization teams on Gender, ensuring that team members are able to access training and professional development resources appropriate to their capacity gaps/needs
- Coordinate the dissemination of key technical material and SOPs and organize training with a special focus on standards and best practice of Gender mainstreaming
- Ensure that beneficiaries and other vulnerable community members including stakeholders are involved and participated in all MEAL activities
- Serves as focal person for the implementation of Knowledge Management and Learning and CoC
- Focal point for digital data collection (through KoboCollect)
- Provide backstopping for programme offices in case of gaps in the MEAL team
- Any other task given by supervisor
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Responsible for the security of the activities that belongs to his/her own position and duties. The employee is also responsible for reporting security incidents in accordance with the process description for reporting data incidents of ZOA
- Personal responsibility to work in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation in her/his position
- Handle carefully personal data, confidential information and (information) systems
- IDPs, refugees, host communities, community committees, (I)NGOs, government bodies, donors, and external consultants
- ZOA office and program staff
- Other MEAL staff
- Project/Programme Managers
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA
Knowledge and Experience:
- BA/BSc in statistics, economics, social science, educational research or development related fields
- Minimum 3 to 4 years of experience working in M&E, including developing M&E plans, capacity building, quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis and reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Local language advantageous
- Experience with key donors such as MOFA The Netherlands, EU, SIDA, GIZ and UNHCR is a benefit
- MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, Spread sheets and other Statistical software
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skill
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong MEAL technical experience supported with different data collection tools, as KOBO collect, SPSS, and other software
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with team members in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Proactive and innovative approach to finding solutions
- Being flexible to adjust to different contexts and requirements
- Advisory and participatory attitude
- A highly ethical work standard
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-religious setting.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The position is based in Khartoum, Sudan with frequent travel to project locations
- Willingness to work outside office hours especially in emergency relief situations as/and when requested to carry out any necessary tasks
The candidate will subject to Membercheck /COTER procedures, which is against Government Sanction lists to verify that the candidate is not on any of these lists. This counter-terrorism check is a requirement of Donor Government Regulations and is therefore an important part of an employee’s ability to fulfil his/her employment requirements before signing the Employment Contract with the Organization.
Full applications must include the following:
- Motivation letter stating the reasons for applying.
- CV including educational, professional training and work experience.
WE OFFER: The salary scale for this position is H6, USD 846per month.
Do you need more information:
For more information: Mahelet Tekalgn Degefe, email: email@example.com , and please make sure that you mentioned the job title in the email.
- Interested and you want to apply:
Applicants should submit full documents before 01/12/2022 to HAC Labour Office in Khartoum or through Sudanjob.net
- Females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- High flexibility to work on weekends, holidays and after office hours when required.
- This position is for one year subject to renewal based on performance and availability of funding.
This position is only for Sudanese