USD 1,174 per month
8 working hours per days , 40 working hours per week
No. of Post:
01 Dec 2022
ZOA is an international non-governmental organisation with its head office in the Netherlands. ZOA has been working in Sudan since 2004. Its current focus is on post-conflict recovery and rehabilitation and ZOA operates programmes in North Darfur, East Darfur, South Darfur and Gedaref State, covering the sectors of food security and livelihoods & Economic Development, Integrated Water Resources Management and Education.
PURPOSE of the POSITION:
The Senior MEAL Officer is responsible for ensuring the effective management and implementation of ZOA’s MEAL Strategy within ZOA Sudan programmes in line with ZOA’s policies and procedures. The Senior MEAL Officer assumes responsibility for the assigned MEAL related data collection, analysis and reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities:
Overall management of MEAL within ZOA Sudan
- Responsible for supporting the adaptation of the MEAL framework and protocols
Supporting the MEAL Manager on the development and implementation of MEAL systems and plans, ensuring data management tools are in place for each of ZOA’s programmes and individual projects.
- In collaboration with MEAL and programme staff design and roll-out of standardized monitoring plans, tools and methodologies for all ZOA programmes and projects
- Provide supervision and leadership on the MEAL activities according to ZOA’s MEAL strategy at the programme area
- Ensure the utilization of appropriate reporting templates for data collection from programmes and develop and maintain an effective information database.
Data collection and analysis
- Collect, organise and evaluate data for MEAL purposes, reporting internally and externally, in line with MEAL policies and procedures
- Conducted qualitative M&E (against international standards through participatory methodologies)
- Participate in MEAL activities such as surveys, baselines, evaluations, joint projects monitoring and reviews/lessons learning workshops/events
Capacity strengthening and organisational learning
- Capacity building of local communities, partners, and staff on MEAL systems, procedures and policies (such as programme/project frameworks, data management and analysis, results‐oriented and adaptive programming, M&E methods, and reporting techniques and requirements for ZOA and relevant donors to ensure compliance)
- Organize and coordinate lessons learnt workshops/review of program work plans with partners and other stakeholders
- Promote learning in the project, particularly on issues of programme quality and contribute to quality assurance of projects. Regularly produced and report on best practices and case studies; ensure new analysis and information is available, including for the forthcoming communications strategy
Participatory approach with all stakeholders
- Ensure that beneficiaries and other vulnerable community members including stakeholders are included and participated in all MEAL activities
- Support in strengthening the relationships with all INGOs, and government stakeholders with developing the accountability frameworks for smooth project implementation
- Ensure accountability reporting and handling mechanisms are functional and CFRM data is monthly and quarterly reported by all program areas
General support and reporting
- Provide technical expertise, support, mentoring and training on MEAL to ZOA project staff members, as required
- Contribute to the formulation and writing of proposals and programme reports
- Ensure periodic MEAL reports are compiled and disseminated including a monthly action plan tracker, Indicator Performance Tracking Table, CFRM, and quarterly MEAL reports
- Ensure regular reports are generated from monitoring data and that findings are communicated effectively to appropriate persons and sectors
- Serve as focal person for the implementation of Knowledge Management and Learning (KML)
- Track adherence to Core Humanitarian Standards, including the development and use of information and learning materials
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Responsible for the security of the activities that belongs to his/her own position and duties. The employee is also responsible for reporting security incidents in accordance with the process description for reporting data incidents of ZOA
- Personal responsibility to work in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation in her/his position
- Handle carefully personal data, confidential information and (information) systems.
- IDPs, refugees, host communities, community committees, (I)NGOs, government bodies, donors, and external consultants
- ZOA office and program staff
- Other MEAL staff in the programme area and country office
- Project/Programme Managers.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA
- BA/BSc in statistics, economics, social science, educational research or development related fields
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of experience working in M&E, including developing M&E plans, capacity building, quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis and reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Local language advantageous
- MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, Spread sheets and other Statistical software
- Experience with key donors such as MOFA The Netherlands, EU, SIDA, GIZ and UNHCR is a benefit
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skill
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong MEAL technical experience supported with different data collection tools, as KOBO collect, SPSS, and other software
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with team members in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Proactive and innovative approach to finding solutions
- Being flexible to adjust to different contexts and requirements
- Advisory and participatory attitude
- A highly ethical work standard
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-religious setting.
- SPECIAL requirements:
- The position is based in Khartoum, Sudan with frequent travel to project locations
- Willingness to work outside office hours especially in emergency relief situations as/and when requested to carry out any necessary tasks
The candidate will subject to Membercheck /COTER procedures, which is against Government Sanction lists to verify that the candidate is not on any of these lists. This counter-terrorism check is a requirement of Donor Government Regulations and is therefore an important part of an employee’s ability to fulfil his/her employment requirements before signing the Employment Contract with the Organization.
Full applications must include the following:
- Motivation letter stating the reasons for applying.
- CV including educational, professional training and work experience.
- WE OFFER:The salary scale for this position is I6,USD1,174 per month based on qualifications and experience.
Do you need more information:
For more information: Mahelet Tekalgn Degefe, email: email@example.com , and please make sure that you mentioned the job title in the email.
- Interested and you want to apply:
Applicants should submit full documents before 01/12/2022 to HAC Labour Office at Khartoum or through Sudanjob.net
- Females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- High flexibility to work on weekends, holidays and after office hours when required.
- This position is for one year subject to renewal based on performance and availability of funding.
This position is only for Sudanese