USD 1,958 per month
8 working hours per days , 40 working hours per week
No. of Post:
01 Dec 2022
ZOA is an international non-governmental organisation with its head office in the Netherlands. ZOA has been working in Sudan since 2004. Its current focus is on post-conflict recovery and rehabilitation and ZOA operates programmes in North Darfur, East Darfur, South Darfur and Gedaref State, covering the sectors of food security and livelihoods & Economic Development, Integrated Water Resources Management and Education.
PURPOSE of the POSITION:
The MEAL Coordinator is part of the Programme Department in Khartoum. The MEAL Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that progress and results are measured accurately, on time and in accordance to ZOA’s MEAL Policy and donor requirements. The MEAL Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the MEAL systems is well functioning and strengthened to attain optimal programme quality and accountability to beneficiaries, partners and donors. The MEAL Coordinator will be involved in the project-, programme-, and countrywide MEAL as well as the development of the MEAL components for new programmes.
Duties and responsibilities:
Management & capacity development
- Lead, supervise & support the MEAL team in the country and program offices
- Initiate and organize capacity development programmes for MEAL, programme and partner staff
- Provide technical training and coaching on the job
- Ensure relevant staff receive proper orientations and inductions to meet the MEAL requirements
- Promote a culture of learning
- Lead the adaptation of the MEAL framework and protocols
- Developing and maintaining MEAL systems, databases and tools on project, programme and country level that are complete, coherent, consistent and manageable
- Ensure that MEAL requirements for donor and ZOA reports are met and products are of high quality
- Ensure that MEAL system allows for tracking performance, informs decision-making, enhancing quality and informs learning
- Ensure baselines, mid-term reviews, endlines and end evaluations are conducted in line with ZOA and donor requirements
- Data collection tasks are performed during various program stages (such as annual reviews, rapid assessments, etc.), analysis of data and presenting findings & recommendations
- Provide technical support for MEAL staffs to ensure program data are well secured through electronic backup system and hard copy filing
- Ensure quarterly beneficiary data is collected and processed using Indicator Performance Tracking Table and KPIs
- Assist the program staff during the proposal development stage through the development of among others conducting needs assessment, MEAL approaches, Theory of Change and logical frameworks.
- Contribute and coordinate the development of project/M&E based reports, including reviewing and editing narrative reports when needed and verification of data accuracy against project plans
- Contribute towards ensuring the functionality of accountability mechanisms and reporting systems
- Be the focal point and lead the MEAL component for programmes where ZOA is the consortium lead and work together with relevant Programme Managers
- Coordinate with MEAL staff from the consortium members to ensure required information is received on time and is of high quality
- Conduct regular visits to the programme areas for monitoring & capacity development
- Ensure that beneficiaries and other vulnerable community members including stakeholders are involved and participated in all MEAL activities
- Focal point for digital data collection (through KoboCollect and other tools as appropriate).
- Other tasks as requested by the line Manager
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Responsible for the security of the activities that belongs to his/her own position and duties. The employee is also responsible for reporting security incidents in accordance with the process description for reporting data incidents of ZOA
- Personal responsibility to work in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation in her/his position
- Handle carefully personal data, confidential information and (information) systems
The MEAL Coordinator supervises MEAL staff based in Khartoum with technical backstopping and technical guidance of the field MEAL staff.
- Relevant as directed by the Supervisor, with some autonomy
- Team members from the programme department
- Project staff of field offices and ZOA Headquarters personnel as requested
- Operational staff (finance, HR etc) in Khartoum
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master in a relevant area, such as development studies, social science, and/or statistics. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, preferably with solid NGO experience and CHS
- Experience in Food Security & Livelihoods programming and one or more of the following sectors: peacebuilding, Integrated Water Resource Management, private sector engagement, inclusion or emergency response
- Strong experience in improving and managing MEAL systems, introducing new procedures
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience with key donors such as MOFA The Netherlands, EU, SIDA, GIZ and UNHCR is a benefit
- Advanced MS office skills
- Digital data collection (Kobo tool box)
- Statistical packages such as SPSS and GIS
- Ability to work with programme staff of different background and skills in a productive and cordial manner
- Ability to communicate lessons learned and findings in a constructive manner
- Being able to work under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Independent, self-starter; makes informed decisions without constant direction
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to report good quality report
- Being flexible to adjust to different contexts and requirements
- Advisory and participatory attitude
- A highly ethical work standard
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-religious setting.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Up to 25% of time required to travel to ZOA programme locations in Sudan
The candidate will subject to Membercheck /COTER procedures, which is against Government Sanction lists to verify that the candidate is not on any of these lists. This counter-terrorism check is a requirement of Donor Government Regulations and is therefore an important part of an employee’s ability to fulfil his/her employment requirements before signing the Employment Contract with the Organization.
Full applications must include the following:
- Motivation letter stating the reasons for applying.
- CV including educational, professional training and work experience.
- WE OFFER:The salary scale for this position is K 6, USD 1,958 per month.
Do you need more information:
For more information: MaheletTekalgnDegefe, email: email@example.com , and please make sure that you mentioned the job title in the email.
- Interested and you want to apply:
Applicants should submit full documents before 01/12/2022 to HAC Labour Office at Khartoum or through Sudanjob.net
- Females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- High flexibility to work on weekends, holidays and after office hours when required.
- This position is for one year subject to renewal based on performance and availability of funding.
This position is only for Sudanese