USD 1, 072- 1,174 per month
8 working hours per days , 40 working hours per week
Agricultural Business Advisor
No. of Post:
Khartoum With intensive travel to programme areas of all consortium partners
01 Dec 2022
ZOA is an international non-governmental organisation with its head office in the Netherlands. ZOA has been working in Sudan since 2004. Its current focus is on post-conflict recovery and rehabilitation and ZOA operates programmes in North Darfur, East Darfur, South Darfur and Gedaref State, covering the sectors of food security and livelihoods & Economic Development, Integrated Water Resources Management and Education.
PURPOSE of the POSITION:
The Inclusive Business Officer (IBO) works closely with the teams in the programme areas to ensure inclusive and mutually beneficial partnerships are established between small holders, (agri-)businesses and other stakeholders.
Inclusion covers both social and environmental factors; in terms of social the IBO should focus on youth and gender, e.g. placing more emphasis on how to involve female farmers and other women in the value chains, and how to involve or otherwise include young women and men into agribusiness practices. In environmental terms, the IBO ensures that cost effective, climate resilient and sustainable agricultural business options in rainfed areas, are identified, analysed, negotiated between small holders and (agri-)business.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supports the Agricultural Business Advisor in the technical design of both the agriculture approach and the promotion of inclusive businesses
- Supports the Agricultural Business Advisor in training of the programme team
- Working together with area-based Inclusive Business Officers for realising project results
- Backstopping for area-based Inclusive Business Officers and providing surge capacity
Networking & establishing partnerships
- Establishes and maintains good relationships with small holders and agri-businesses and identifies areas of corporation
- Responsible (in assigned areas) for establishing and supporting Business 2 Business platforms, facilitating multi-stakeholder dialogues and strengthen relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Undertakes outreach activities including conducting training, workshops, seminars, etc
- Participates in or lead field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, private sector investors, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summary reports
- Supports activities stimulating small holders to have a more entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Supports activities related to challenge fund for agri-businesses and funding of inclusive businesses proposed by small holders in the target areas
- Support the promotion of the challenge fund
- Supports small holder associations to prepare proposals in line with the fund criteria and support the review process
- Conducts monitoring visits to challenge fund activities for agri-businesses in the programme areas and reports regularly to the management about its performance
- Conducts monitoring visits for the implementation of small-grants to small holder associations
- Undertakes surveys: helps in designing data collection tools, reviews, analyses and interprets responses, captures and documents success stories, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions
- Researches, analyses and presents information gathered from diverse sources on the promotion, return on investment and impact of inclusive business including through case studies, implementation toolkits, and other related material.
- Assists in policy development, for example through supporting the review and analysis of issues and trends related to the promotion of inclusive businesses, supporting the preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies;
- Prepares progress reports
- Ensures equal participation of and benefit for women and men in all areas of work
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Responsible for the security of the activities that belongs to his/her own position and duties. The employee is also responsible for reporting security incidents in accordance with the process description for reporting data incidents of ZOA
- Personal responsibility to work in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation in her/his position
- Handle carefully personal data, confidential information and (information) systems.
- Small holder associations, community leaders, agri-businesses, and MSME agricultural businesses
- Concerned local government authorities, local and International NGO’ involved in similar work, private sector investors, etc.
- Any other stakeholders involved in the project implementation / coordination at the State level
- Inclusive Business Officers, Project Officers, Project Coordinator and Program Manager of programme areas
- Agriculture Business Advisor (Khartoum)
- Challenge Fund Manager (Khartoum)
- Other SIPRA consortium staff
- ZOA field office staff in project area.
- ZOA Country Office Staff.
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA
Planning & Organizing
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required in consultation; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; plans own work and manages conflicting priorities.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Knowledge and Experience:
- University degree (BSC or Master) in agriculture Economics, Business Administration, economics, development studies.
- Minimum working experience of 3 years in project implementation, preferably in the programme area
- Proven experience in promoting agri-businesses and establishing sustainable business relationships between farmers and private investors (local, national and / or international).
- To have the knowledge, experience and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches related to promotion of inclusive agricultural businesses
- Good spoken and written command of English
- Excellent spoken and written command of Arabic
- Data collection, analysis and project reporting.
- Able to work effectively with different stakeholders and in a challenging and diverse environment
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft 365 and other basic applications)
- Communicative, open and decisive
- Service and participatory attitude
- Proactive and focussed
- Being flexible to adjust to different contexts and requirements
- Advisory and participatory attitude
- A highly ethical work standard
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-religious setting.
Up to 70% travel to project locations
The candidate will subject to Membercheck /COTER procedures, which is against Government Sanction lists to verify that the candidate is not on any of these lists. This counter-terrorism check is a requirement of Donor Government Regulations and is therefore an important part of an employee’s ability to fulfil his/her employment requirements before signing the Employment Contract with the Organization.
Full applications must include the following:
- Motivation letter stating the reasons for applying.
- CV including educational, professional training and work experience.
- WE OFFER:The salary scale for this position is I6 ranged between 1, 072- 1,174 USD per month based on qualifications and experience.
Do you need more information:
For more information: Eltayeb Omer Eltayeb, email: email@example.com , and please make sure that you mentioned the job title in the email.
- Interested and you want to apply:
Applicants should submit full documents before 01/12/2022 to HAC Labour Office at Khartoum or through Sudanjob.net
- Females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- High flexibility to work on weekends, holidays and after office hours when required.
- This position is for one year subject to renewal based on performance and availability of funding.
This position is only for Sudanese