1. Ensure financial transactions are in compliance with the financial rules and regulations and that the imprest accounts are reconciled and submitted to the Regional Office in a timely manner.
2. Prepare general and specific budgetary estimates for projects; monitor the application, control and accounting of approved budgetary allocations by programmes.
3. Track and report on financing against budget; monitor implementation rates, consolidate financial data, prepare periodic/ad hoc budgetary and financial statements and returns, identify financial gaps, and recommend alternative action to managers as appropriate.
4. Consolidate, analyze and prepare the financial data as well as reports for the country office.
5. Facilitate and implement the efficient running of financial operations within the Polio programme, ensuring strict compliance with accounting standards including the application of IPSAS and other financial policies and procedures.
6. In coordination with the RMO, collaborate with counterparts within other UN agencies and Donors to facilitate budget resource management planning and resource mobilization.
7. Follow-up on donor proposals and reporting deadlines; verify and provide budgetary clearance to proposals and reports for resource mobilization team.8. Brief staff members and non-staff on relevant financial and budgetary rules and procedures.