Project management and development in line with the direction set by the Core Programme Strategy:
• In cooperation with partners, develop and manage CAFOD-supported programmes, contributing to the development and review of CAFOD’s Sudan core programme strategy;
• Jointly responsible with partners for the effective implementation, monitoring, evaluation (including facilitating external evaluations) and reporting on programmes in line with jointly agreed standards (programme cycle management) and donor requirements;
• In agreement with partners, jointly develop programme and project proposals and assess the existing capacities to manage and implement the work. This includes leading the preparation of funding applications and reports in liaison with the Programme Development & Funding Officer and the development of partner capacity strengthening.
• Promote, capture, and disseminate learning from partners and programmes and ensure that this informs future programme development;
• Realise CAFOD’s principles by acting in line with CAFOD’s partnership standards and by promoting and supporting partners’ adherence to jointly agreed on accountability, gender, safeguarding, inclusion, supply chain management/procurement good practice, and other standards;
• Carry out partner safeguarding assessments;
• Carry out advocacy work in support of partners' (and CAFOD’s) efforts with relevant stakeholders at local, national, and international levels;
• Oversee and support (where appropriate) the work of Programme Accompaniers, Programme Support Officers, and consultants working on CAFOD-supported programmes. Building and developing effective relationships with partners:
• Develop, nurture, and manage relationships with CAFOD’s partner organisations in line with the principles and standards set in our Partnership Policy;
• Invest in partners’ capacities by jointly identifying needs, developing plans to strengthen capacities, identifying sources of support, and allocating resources;
• Organise (and, where relevant, accompany) partners’ visits.
Internal and external representation:
• In coordination with Sudan Programme Manager, develop, nurture, and sustain relationships and effective communications with relevant stakeholders, including local government, national networks, bilateral agencies, and other agencies working in Sudan.
• Communicate with other teams within CAFOD to ensure that the programme is well understood and that information is available for fundraising and other communication, including publications, media briefings, education, etc. This may involve participation in sessions/events with Supporters, communities of practice, working groups, etc. Financial reporting and monitoring of programmes and projects:
• In close cooperation with the relevant roles in the finance and funding teams, prepare, manage, and monitor budgets relating to both CAFOD and partner-led expenditure, as agreed with Sudan Programme Manager;
• Develop relevant risk registers and monitor them in conjunction with the Sudan Programme Manager;
• Where appropriate, commission and manage (with partners) audits for programmes and projects;
• Carry out partner financial assessments, reports, and reviews, in cooperation with the finance team.
Programme Quality, Systems and Standards:
• Effectively use CAFOD’s programme management information systems to ensure programme and project information is up-to-date.
• Ensure compliance with agreements, regulations and requirements attached to our work.
• Complement partners’ thematic understanding of Child Protection, contributing to the development of relevant interventions that bring about positive change.
• Oversee with the partner’s Child Protection Officer Day to day implementation of the programme.
• Working with Sudan Programme Manager to review project proposals and advise on the suitability of the Child Protection framework and tools.
• Support partners on accountability and community feedback mechanisms and reporting.
• Liaise with other CAFOD staff on global reporting requirements and sharing of best practices;
• Attend/represent CAFOD in coordination and learning events as appropriate.