The Economic Opportunities, Leadership, Vocational skills, Training and Empowerment for women In Kassala, Gedaref and Red Sea (ELEVATE) project aims to bolster resilience, economic opportunity, and empowerment in women, there by decreasing vulnerability to negative social narratives and gender-based threats. To achieve its overall, promote womenís economic engagement, especially in terms of productivity, income and access to markets, promote awareness, advocacy and coordination among civil society, and promote womenís health and safety as a driver for WEE - Women Economic Empowerment.
General Position Summary
CSO Coordinator is responsible for strengthening community response and protection services for women and girls in Kassala, Red Sea & Gedaref by improving the capacity of local NGOs and related government institutions. The project is funded by AICS. The CSO Coordinator, under the overall supervision of the Team Leader and Program Manager of the ELEVATE Program, oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the project including planning, organizing, implementing, and monitoring the project activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Directs, guides, and supervises the staff in the field,
- Responsible for evaluation and development of the field staff,
- Maintains the internationally and nationally recognized standards to select and implement projects and activities,
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization,
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program,
- Ensures that the selected projects and activities are in accordance with the Organizationís strategy and objectives,
- Manages the budget of projects and activities in the best possible manner and for the well-being of the people and interest of issues of concern,
- Ensures that the projects are well explored, assessed, and analyzed prior to submission for approval,
- Coordinate with different stakeholders of the project including Local organizations, with a specific focus on women's rights organizations, local authorities, and community leaders,
- Assess the capacity of the targeted stakeholders and identify the areas of development with a particular focus on protection and GBV,
- Plan, develop, and deliver capacity-building workshops to the selected stakeholders in the areas of management, protection, and GBV,
- Support the target stakeholders to improve their advocacy and awareness campaign strategy in the areas of protection and GBV,
- Coordinate with different partners of the program and provide updates on a regular basis,
- Follows up the implementation of the projects and activities with the field team to ensure that they are carried out according to the approved terms, work plan and timeline,
- Communicating, dealing with, monitoring, and evaluating the implementing partners and service providers for issues related to projects,
- Reports the progress of projects and activities to the Director of Programs,
- Represents the foundation in meetings with the different stakeholders,
- Finalize regular reports such as monthly, quarterly, and final reports as well as external reports for the donors,
- Perform any other task that might be requested by the Director of Programs.
- Liaise with and support key program staff to ensure that ELEVATE Program is running effectively and making the best use of project resources.
- Oversee the implementation of ELEVATE Program activities in his/her respective location and assigned sector.
- Coordinate and implement capacity-building efforts through the mobilization and empowerment of partner organizations to identify, plan, and address priority needs.
- Coordinate activities with all involved implementing agencies. Participate in monthly meetings with all partner organizations at the state level (Kassala or Gedaref) to ensure close cooperation and sharing of lessons learned.
- Monitor and measure project implementation, impact, standards, and operational compliance.
- Keep track of local gender-specific issues and advocacy efforts at the state level (GRD, Kassala) to ensure effective implementation of ELEVATE activities.
- Give constructive feedback on project operations and reporting of partner NGOs.
- Produce formal and informal reports on all aspects of the project in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinate work plans for capacity building of NGO staff, identify training needs and develop, implement, and maintain training plans. Participate in meetings relevant to gender, protection, community development, or as assigned.
- Work closely with program staff and MEL Officers at the state level (GRD).
- Participate in weekly management meetings and produce weekly reports.
- Stay abreast of project developments and needs.
- Follow through on program needs as required, such as procurement, meeting scheduling, and consultant finding,
- Liaise with and support key program staff to ensure that the Mercy Crops program activities are running effectively and making the best use of project resources.
- Troubleshoot reporting and programmatic needs. Advise supervisor on improvements and necessities, as required.
- Provide written reports, as necessary.
- Conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organisational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Knowledge and Experience
- University degree in Social Sciences, or related fields,
- Knowledge in protection programs and experience in NGOs
- At least five years of experience in project management or project implementation in areas of women's rights, protection, and GBV,
- Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills mainly in English and Arabic,
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and project management tools,
- Excellent team player, dedicated, and problem-solving ability,
- High professional ethics and confidentiality standards in a diverse workplace,
- Conducting field trips and travel to other cities/countries as per job requirements,
- Flexibility with regard to long working hours or working at weekends if required.
The ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel is required. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary. A professional standard of program, finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential. The post must be willing to travel to Mercy Corps field offices and project sites.