The Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in the Republic of Sudan is implementing a strong Health System Strengthening programme through one of its Directorate Generals, particularly the Directorate General of International Health (DGIH) under which is placed the Program Management Unit (PMU) for GAVI grants. The DGIH is responsible for coordinating with donors, government, and non-government agencies in their contribution for developing the national HSS strategy as well as related operational plans. It is also responsible of resource mobilization, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of all grants funded by Gavi.
Currently, the PMU is responsible of managing the New Funding Mechanism of the HSS programs in the frame of the new HSS3 grant.
FMoH/DGIH through Qurtoba is looking for competent employees to work at its Program Management Unit to ensure smooth implementation of GAVI grants.
The whole recruitment process will be managed by Qurtoba HR services , established in Sudan.
- FMOH/ GAVI PMU have devoted an attractive package of salary and benefits equivalent to the role of each job.
- Training and development opportunities will be given according to the needs and availability of budget.
- SPECIFIC ROLE
Under the direct supervision of the PMU Manager, the Program and M&E Manager is responsible for overseeing the program planning and monitoring and evaluation, quality assurance and strategic technical support to all GAVI projects and to other implementing partners as per the implementation context of each project.
Duties and responsibilities:
Overseas and manage program planning and implementation with emphasis on achievement of the GAVI grants / envelops goals and targets for the Sudan, ensuring that country context are adopted/adhered to in order to achieve greatest impact with limited resources.
- Oversees the efficient and transparent use of grants funds, in particular for major and sensitive procurement (as well as major expenditures by Implementing Units (IUs);
- Oversees and coordinates programmatic and financial management and reporting of GAVI projects;
- Reviews the management information systems of the PR and IUs and agree on required changes or resources to ensure that programme and data quality standards are monitored and met;
- Advocates to put measures in place to enhance data analysis and use to underpin decisions made;
- Maintains high level strategic partnerships and ensures close cooperation between the PMU and sub-recipients (IUs and other implementing partners involved in grant implementation), to ensure effective implementation of the agreed activities and delivery of outputs in a timely manner.
Ensures streamlining/harmonizing of data reporting tools in line with latest partner recommendations and activities that strengthen their use, quality data production, analysis, and use.
- Promote knowledge management & information sharing systems all through grants, including data analysis and use;
- Promotes teamwork: Promoting cross-unit teamwork, building consensus within the PMU and with IUs on key challenges and solutions to address them;
- Coordinate and build relationships with memberís senior governmental officials, partners and the donor community and strive meet their information needs and ensure their support for the project;
- Represents the Principal Recipient in meetings with the government, with the donor community and at international conferences;
- Overseas the M & E systems and data quality capacity, supervises the related capacity building support interventions and ensures high-level involvement of FMOH officials;
- Participates in national activities related to the project components;
- Establish and maintain an effective communication with the Gavi Secretariat in Geneva;
- Seeks and incorporates synergies with similar initiatives on country level.
Structures the detailed activities of the Program and cascades roles and objectives to his/her direct with the KPIs, and handles ongoing assessment of their performance for streamlining any deviations
- Leads and coordinates the elaboration and implementation of the work plans for GAVI grants in Sudan;
- Monitors the business process and progress of the strategic plan, overall short terms plans, programs, and work schedules and makes the required decisions for the mitigation, problem solving and alignment;
- Introduces and enforces the application of best practices management and control systems, across all business units;
- Furnishes the DGIH with studies or reports on areas of concerns and recommends solutions;
- Represents PMUís management on high level official meetings with government or regulatory officials;
- Oversees the efficient and transparent use of grants;
- Ensures timely and efficient reporting of Gavi supported projects as requested by the GAVI grants;
- Administers contracts and gives answers to queries of implementing partners;
- Analyses programmatic impact agreements and takes decisions to correct possible deviations from targets;
- Represents the Principal Recipient at meetings with the government, with the donor community and at international conferences related to GAVI;
- Oversees the M & E systems, data quality and related capacity building support interventions, ensuring high-level of involvement with FMOH officials;
- Establishes an effective communication channel with GAVI Secretariat in Geneva and the Monitoring Agent to maintain synergies with similar initiatives on country level;
- Furnishes the PMU Manger with regular reports on work progress.
- INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACT
- Meets with the DGIH executives in relation to the strategy, budget, and overall performance of PMU;
- Liaisons with the international health associations, and health experts to procure specialist training services;
- Represents PMU for the high-level forums, conferences, ceremonies, and related public events;
- Liaises with senior governmental officials, civil society, and the donor community to address their needs and to attain their support for the project;
- Liaises with IUs to develop and mentoring plans related to Gavi investments.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Advanced University Degree (Master) in health, public health, health economics, epidemiology and/or other related fields is required;
- A bachelorís degree with a combination of two additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the masterís degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in managing donor funded programs including designing and implementing, monitoring, and reporting;
- Experience in working with and maintaining good relations with donors and government institutions, as well as counterparts and beneficiaries (e.g., International and Local NGOs and government representatives;
- Experience in project management including managing teams, performance management, and capacity building;
- Proven leadership and management skills;
- Proven experience in proposal writing report writing and presentation;
- Full competency in the usage of computers and office software packages is desired.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
Interested candidates are requested to attached their complete files in English include (CV, motivation letter and certificates)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test & interviews.