The Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in the Republic of Sudan is implementing a strong Health System Strengthening programme through one of its Directorate Generals, particularly the Directorate General of International Health (DGIH) under which is placed the Program Management Unit (PMU) for GAVI grants. The DGIH is responsible for coordinating with donors, government, and non-government agencies in their contribution for developing the national HSS strategy as well as related operational plans. It is also responsible of resource mobilization, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of all grants funded by Gavi.
Currently, the PMU is responsible of managing the New Funding Mechanism of the HSS programs in the frame of the new HSS3 grant.
FMoH/DGIH through Qurtoba is looking for competent employees to work at its Program Management Unit to ensure smooth implementation of GAVI grants.
The whole recruitment process will be managed by Qurtoba HR services , established in Sudan.
- FMOH/ GAVI PMU have devoted an attractive package of salary and benefits equivalent to the role of each job.
- Training and development opportunities will be given according to the needs and availability of budget.
- SPECIFIC ROLE
He/she will support the PMU Manager with all administrative and logistical aspects of GAVI grants to ensure successful implementation. He/she will oversee procurement processes, prepare, and manage consulting agreements and other subcontracts, in close coordination with other departments. He/she will be responsible of defining HR strategies, policies, and changes, particularly in terms of employment and skills development, change management (managerial culture) and social dialogue, taking into consideration the implementation context of GAVI grants.
The Administrative and Operations Manager will also focus on supervision and control of payroll and social declarations as well as taking charge of the administrative management of staff and training. He/She will be the interface with internal FMoH/PMU departments and external partners involved in GAVI projects implementation.
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the PMU Manager, he/she is responsible for:
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Admin & HR Officer, the Logistic and Asset Management Officer and Procurement officer.
- Ensure staff compliance with HR policies as per Sudan HR policies and guidelines.
- Preparation of employment contracts, temporary contracts as well as casual contracts and make sure that concerned parties signed off, ensure that each contract has the relevant attached documents and annexes.
- Prepare payroll for PMU staff and reconcile the payroll-related general ledger and establish statements or reports summarizing payroll-related accounts.
- Ensure that all necessary control procedures are performed prior to payment of staff members.
- Ensure that salaries are correctly calculated, taking into account tax and social contributions requirements as per the Republic of Sudan Labor law.
- Supervise the update of employee contract tracker, and employee file tracker on a regular basis.
- Make the induction/orientation of new employees.
- Store and maintain HR and Admin unit documents (hardcopy and softcopy) and trackers including personnel files, leave trackers, staff contact lists, insurance registration etc.
- Responsible of recruiting and hiring process, including posting job openings, reviewing resumes and interviews arrangement;
- Writing and update of job descriptions of staff members
- Ensure that there is a period performance appraisal of staff members
- Procurement planning, requisitions and sourcing
Administratively and technically supports the PMU’s planning, requisitions/procurement and sourcing support processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collaboration with projects personnel and Managers in the preparation of their procurement plan, awarding, administering and monitoring of all matters related to procurement for the given geographical area / project activity.
- Maintenance and update of procurement monitoring processes for projects and provision of feedback on purchase orders to requesting department ;
- Provision of proposals to requesting entity on modes for providing goods, works and services, including procurement deadlines for each stage ;
- Review of requisitions for completeness ;
- Constant liaison with vendors and consignee until safe delivery of goods is achieved.
- Drafting of letters, memoranda, faxes, email, etc. ; monitoring of progress and liaison with vendors during the entire procurement cycle; investigation and resolution of post-order problems and of progress reports on procurement matters;
- Oral/written responses to queries from projects, clients, companies, etc. regarding procurement related matters
- Preparation of monthly reports on procurement matters;
- Liaison with the logistics unit or projects on receipt of goods, equipments and services in view of obtaining proper delivery report, RIR (Receipt and Inspection Report), or relevant certificates and that proper inventory is taken.
- Bidding and tendering processes
Undertakes or supervises technical support to bidding and tendering processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of shortlists of suitable contractors/suppliers for purchases of value over designated amounts for approval of designated officer;
- Together with the requesting programme/Department, support review and evaluation of bids or proposals received and preparation of analysis for less-complex, contract awards;
- Maintenance of records related to procurement
Supports efficient contract administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Follow-up signing of contracts by vendors;
- Dissemination of contract advertisement and awards;
- Maintenance of contracts and filing system ;
- Maintenance of databases/rosters of best suppliers, contractors and service providers, activities and statistic.
- Administration :
- Supervise the day-to-day administratives aspects in the frame of GAVI projects implementation.
- Supervise the organisation of workshops in the frame of project implementation;
- Developing, reviewing, and improving administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensuring the office is stocked with necessary supplies and that all equipment is working and properly maintained.
- Working with the Finance / Accounting department to set budgets, monitor and process payroll and other HR expenses.
- Building and expanding on skills by engaging in educational opportunities.
- INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACT
- Works with his/her supervisor and other senior staff in day-to-day administration, procurement and HR matters;
- Contact with Tax and Social security authorities to ensure compliance with tax obligations and social security compliance.
- Contact with best suppliers, contractors and service providers.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 7 years of experience similar position;
- Demonstrated experience with budget management and planning, ability to provide support to finance manager on budget, risk management and financial analysis
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues with care, empathy, and confidentiality
- Experience and well-developed skills in procurement and logistics management
- Understanding staff care, in challenging context of project implementation;
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver induction briefing/training
- Experience in working with and managing multicultural teams
- Problem-solving capabilities
- The ability to remain calm, focused, organised and purposeful under pressure and with rapidly changing circumstances
- Proven ability to be flexible in an advisory role within a leadership team
- Able to balance and integrate security, well-being and programme needs in analysis and advising
- In-depth knowledge of Procurement, Administrative and HR policies as per Sudan Labour Law, including the practical knowledge of national tax regulation as well as compliance with social contribution modalities.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in payroll management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
Interested candidates are requested to attached their complete files in English include (CV, motivation letter and certificates)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test & interviews.