The Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in the Republic of Sudan is implementing a strong Health System Strengthening programme through one of its Directorate Generals, particularly the Directorate General of International Health (DGIH) under which is placed the Program Management Unit (PMU) for GAVI grants. The DGIH is responsible for coordinating with donors, government, and non-government agencies in their contribution for developing the national HSS strategy as well as related operational plans. It is also responsible of resource mobilization, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of all grants funded by Gavi.
Currently, the PMU is responsible of managing the New Funding Mechanism of the HSS programs in the frame of the new HSS3 grant.
FMoH/DGIH through Qurtoba is looking for competent cadres to work at its Program Management Unit to ensure smooth implementation of GAVI grants.
The whole recruitment process will be managed by Qurtoba; a Recruitment and supplying Manpower company, established in Sudan.
- FMOH/ GAVI PMU have devoted an attractive package of salary and benefits equivalent to the role of each job.
- Training and development opportunities will be given according to the needs and availability of budget.
- SPECIFIC ROLE
He/She will be responsible for overall budget monitoring and compliance oversight of GAVI grants and all related Implementing Units. He/She will oversee the design and implementation of strong internal controls and appropriate financial reporting procedures/policies for FMoH and GAVI, minimize/manage risks associated with grant implementation, safeguard GAVI resources, achieve consistent compliance with the GAVI grants confirmation and approved workplan/budget, and GAVI and FMoH’ policies, guidelines, and procedures. He/She will coordinate assessments and the identification of support needs and their implementation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance manager is responsible for:
- Oversee all aspects of financial management and oversight for the FMOH as the GAVI-Grants in compliance with the public finance laws of Sudan and the policies and procedures of the GAVI, including data collection, accurate recording, accounting, and reporting of all financial transactions, review and analysis of reports, development of budgets, and financial management oversight and support for the Implementing Units (IUs).
- Develop, and periodically update, financial management procedures and guidelines for the GAVI-Grants in accordance with the public finance laws of Sudan and the policies and procedures of the GAVI.
- Implement the GAVI-Grants financial management procedures and guidelines, providing training, advice, and support to finance officers of the GAVI finance unit and IUs.
- Ensure compliance with the procedures and guidelines so that corrective action can be taken, and capacity development support provided.
- Prepare and/or review and modify, as needed, budgets for GAVI grants or in accordance with GAVI requirements, coordinating input from relevant Lead IUs and harmonizing financial budgets with work-plans, performance frameworks and procurement plans for the grant.
- Under the oversight and in coordination with the Programme Manager, manage the timely disbursements of grant fund to IUs in accordance with grant budgets, implementation plans and financial performance, and in accordance with approved disbursement processes.
- Manage the fund acquittal process disbursed for GAVI Grants, providing instructions to IUs on appropriate acquittal processes to ensure that all grant funds are accounted for. As well as financial reports, Programmatic reports, or documentation for activity performance by the IUs are received for all fund acquittals.
- Periodically reconcile and agree cash balances with the IUs for ease of closure of accounts.
- Manage the information collection and timely preparation of periodic and special financial reports to GAVI, ensuring variance analysis reports and Program Update and Disbursement of fund reports are prepared in conjunction with programmatic information and evidence submitted by implementing units.
- Ensure all IUs have appropriate reporting mechanisms, tools and templates to facilitate consistent, adequate and timely reporting. In consultation with other officers of the PMU, ensure adequate programmatic explanations are obtained for financial variances in reports submitted by implementing units and that corrective action, if necessary, is taken to address the variances.
- Manage the information collection for internal financial management, monitoring and analysis of GAVI- Grants, ensuring that the PMU Manager, and relevant PMU sections are provided with regular and ad-hoc reports on the financial performance and status of GAVI-Grants.
- Provide feedback, support, and capacity development to implementing Units on financial performance and management of grant programs, identifying, if appropriate areas for improvement and attention.
- Ensure appropriate banking systems and controls, including but not limited to monthly bank reconciliations; mitigation of risk of loss of fund; are in use, which comply with GAVI and FMOH requirements.
- Manage, coordinate, and supervise the day-to-day work of PMU Finance team to ensure effective contribution to the sound financial management of GAVI-HSS & other grants to the IUs, including providing training, support, guidance, and leadership of the Finance team members so that they perform their duties in accordance with their individual terms of reference.
- Facilitate the preparation for and ensure that responses and, if appropriate, actions are prepared to issues raised in, annual financial audits of GAVI-HSS & Other grant as required in the grant agreements
- Ensure safeguard of PMU assets bought using the GAVI-HSS & other grants, through; update of an asset register; Asset tagging, and reconciliation of the asset register with the books of accounts and periodic asset inventory.
- Ensure Value for Money for all local procurements and that the local procurement process follows the laid down procedures.
- Contribute with programme management to ensure that key risks are identified, communicated with partners, regularly monitored, and tracked, and risk mitigation measures are implemented when required.
- Other duties as required by the PMU Manager.
- INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACT
- Works with his/her supervisor and other Heads of units (Admin & Operations and Program and M&E) for proper grants implementation;
- Contact with IUs to oversee implementation and administration of grants and provide high quality managerial oversight, technical and strategic leadership for the achievement of results.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree (preferably in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting) from a well-recognized institution;
- Preferably, recognition by a relevant professional accounting body (e.g., CPA, ACCA, etc…)
- At least 7 years of supervisory experience, including performance evaluation, coaching, mentoring, staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Exceptional financial management experience, preferably managing complex public health sector activities involving coordination with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing relationships with donors and governments
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with GAVI response processes and procedures preferred
- Technical knowledge of health delivery systems in the public sector is strongly preferred
- Proven track record of successful program management, including management of multi-activity projects, complicated logistics and large budgets, as well as health products & medical commodities.
- Ability to write well with attention to detail in order to compose reports, presentations, and emails in an organized, logical, and concise manner, conveying complex compliance requirements and explaining nuances;
- Excellent knowledge and experience in budget management and project management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
Interested candidates are requested to attached their complete files in English include (CV, motivation letter and certificates)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test & interviews.