Relief International (RI) is an international non-governmental organization US and UK based, working in the humanitarian field since 2004 in Sudan, providing emergency relief and early recovery activities to internally displaced persons (IDP) and rural communities, focusing in lifesaving health and nutrition services. RI is looking for qualified candidates to fill the vacancies mentioned herewith
Vacancy No: 2
Area Manager / Supply Chain & Operations (SCO) Manager
No. of Post:
Elfasher, North Darfur (Frequent travel to field)
8 months renewable
24 Nov 2022
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under the direct supervision of the Area Manager and technical supervision of Deputy Country Director Operations, Yagoub will be responsible for assisting in development and implementation of the RI Safety and Security Risk Management System (SSRMS) policies, plans, protocols and procedures in the North Darfur.
Duties and responsibilities:
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- On a daily basis monitor, verify and analyze the evolving security situation in North Darfur from sources including NNGOs/INGOs, UN Agencies and personal networks) and, when relevant and important, relay this information in written and/or spoken form to the Area Manager, Senior Security Officer, Senior SCO Officer and relevant RI staff members and management.
- Establish and maintain a reliable network of security information contacts, liaise and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g. INGOs, NNGOs, UN Agencies) in order to facilitate safe access, movement and acceptance for RI operations.
- Act as the local security focal point (SFP) for security coordination and information sharing with the relevant national actors.
- Assessment of local security situation including modalities of reporting security information and liaison with local authorities;
- Provide input for the country/field office level SRA’s and also prepare and implement security plan in accordance with guidelines provided by Senior Security Officer, Senior Supply Chain and Operations Officer and Area Manager.
- Responsible for aspects related to communication equipment (e.g. Sat Phones, VHF, HF) and provide input to Area Manager and Senior Security Officer for budgeting of the items in the country security budget.
- Supervision of local guard force deployed at RI offices across the North Darfur operational and program sites and do capacity building of local guard force on Bi-Weekly bases. Work with Senior SCO officer and Senior Security Officer to build local syllabi for guard force capacity building.
- Responsibilities and duties related to office security. Shall undertake tasks aimed to maximize the security of RI premises in North Darfur area and field offices.
- To keep all department and location leads updated about any arising situation, which has bearing on staff security, RI assets and to seek support and guidance for appropriate timely measures. In addition, keep Area Manager, Senior SCO Officer, Senior Security Officer updated on the overall prevailing security situation on regular basis.
- Assists in the implementation of RIGGS measures at RI international staff accommodations, RI offices, equipment and other areas. Assists in maintaining Warden Plan for both International and National staff.
- Assists in conducting Fire evacuation, Hibernation drills in the office. Work closely with Country Senior Security Officer to ensure relocation and evacuation measures/system is put in place and that staff are familiar with procedures.
- Prepare staff movement list and send to Area Manager, Senior SCO Officer on weekly basis.
- Work together with area senior team in preparing security budget for the area and field offices and provide input to Area Manager, Senior SCO officer and Senior Security Officer in the preparation of country security budget.
- Represent RI in security-related meetings; also maintain contacts with security stakeholders on the ground including UNDSS NGO Coordinator.
- Conduct road, area assessments where RI has operations.
- Any other duties assigned by Area Manager, Senior Supply Chain & Operations Officer and Senior Security Officer.
- Coordination with HAC, SMOH, Labor Department to process/obtain permits, and other legal documents.
- Ensure all RI agreements/MoUs with the government partners are signed and documented on time.
- Ensure all permits from the government are issued beforehand, this is but not limited to travel permit, Airport and Port access permits, permit for visiting new area/assessments and workshop training//workshop permit.
- Ensure proper coordination and communication between RI and government authorities.
- Ensure no harm principles are followed from all aspects when dealing with different government sectors.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree with additional 5 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of Master’s degree;
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Military Studies, Political Science, Social Science, Security Management or a related field from an accredited academic institutions.
- 3 years of professional security management experience; Previous experience in UN/INGO is preferred;
- Should have a valid Driver license
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving and training abilities
- Proficient in English and Arabic languages.
- Computer literate with good excel knowledge and security Report writing.
- Working knowledge of public safety, security operations, and procedures.
- Outstanding surveillance and observation skills.
- Knowledge of state laws and regulations.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
To apply: Please, submit your CV, work certificates, qualification, a telephone contact number and two professional references, online through sudanjob.net closing date: 24.11.2022, at 14:00
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview. To find out more about Relief International please visit our website at http://www.ri.org