Relief International (RI) is an international non-governmental organization US and UK based, working in the humanitarian field since 2004 in Sudan, providing emergency relief and early recovery activities to internally displaced persons (IDP) and rural communities, focusing in lifesaving health and nutrition services. RI is looking for qualified candidates to fill the vacancies mentioned herewith
Vacancy No: 1
Senior Supply Chain & Operations Officer / SCO Manager
No. of Post:
El-fasher, North Darfur (with travel to field office/other localities)
8 months renewable
24 Nov 2022
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior SCO Officer / SCO Manager, Supply Chain & Operations Officer (Warehousing) Officer will be overall responsible warehouse Management. This includes, recording all items in the warehouse, issue the stock card, maintain a clean record, and assisting in sorting items.
Duties and responsibilities:
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate and receive all health and nutrition incoming supplies, including GIK and WASH kits, on transit from Khartoum and other field areas to Elfasher. Ensure that all supplies are verified physically against the supporting waybills.
- Coordinate the release and dispatch medical, nutrition and WASH supplies from the warehouse to their final points, ensuring that all supplies released are align to RI stock management guidelines.
- Assist any other logistical staff and other program support staff on various tasks as directed, including, but not limited to, stock control, document preparation and processing.
- Ensure records for (inventories, Assets, stock), updated and maintained at the box folders with hard copies in a secure place.
- Assist any other logistical staff and other program support staff on various tasks as directed, including, but not limited to, stock control, document preparation and processing of the warehouses.
- Prepare stocks reports for North Darfur area Office through required periodic reporting (i.e weekly, Monthly, bi-annually and Annually) and ensure stock are well supported by applying required stock management tools in accordance with RI stock management procedures.
- Act as focal person for warehousing & inventory management information management system
- Prepare and review assets and inventory list and ensure the verification process in all offices/HFs to determine existence, condition and ensure accurate updated asset register in accordance to RI asset management policies.
- Ensure accountability, documentation and handover paperwork are correctly done (I.e. Donation certificates and/or asset transfer certificates)
- Being in charge of asset control ensure that all assets lists are adequately update and share with all field office.
- All assignment form for the equipment is assign to staff are available and reconciled with master asset list.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required and Master degree will be plus in a related field.
- 2- 3 years’ experience with an international NGO in similar position.
- Extensive experience in warehouse and stock management
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Fluent in English and in Arabic oral and written.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Computer skills and office management skills.
- Human Relation skills, including integrity and ability to work with minimum supervision and under pressure preferred.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
To apply: Please, submit your CV, work certificates, qualification, a telephone contact number and two professional references, online through sudanjob.net closing date: 24.11.2022, at 14:00
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview. To find out more about Relief International please visit our website at http://www.ri.org