Vacancy No: 1
1,000 – 1,200 USD subjected to all statutory deductions.
Logistics and Procurement
Country Procurement & Logistics Manager
No. of Post:
One year subjected to renewal based on performance and Fund availability
27 Nov 2022
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières - Germany (VSF Germany) is a non-governmental, non-profit making international Organization, engaged in the field of veterinary relief and development work providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, and food safety, VSFG works towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. VSF Germany implements activities in Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, and Somalia. VSF Germany is registered and licensed in Sudan by Humanitarian Aid commission (HAC) since 2010 and renewed its license every year.
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a qualified Senior Procurement and logistic Officer to be responsible for ensuring that all Logistics, IT Support, and procurement activities for VSFG Sudan are done in accordance with the required standards and procedures. Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of tasks and key internal controls within the organization for a minimum period of 1 year with possible extension. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manages and reviews documents for the procurement of all supplies, equipment and services for the organization and ensures donor compliance and VSFG Procurement Policy and Procedures, as well as applicable government laws and regulation.
- Establish and manage a procurement framework to support organizational procurements in line with policies and procedures.
- Developing and implementing a procurement plan in line with program/project and overall Organizational demands
- Receive, inspect and distribute orders, Initiate and keep track of all orders.
- Reviews documents for the procurement of all supplies, equipment and services for the organization.
- Ensure all orders are processed in timely manner, inputted on Procurement Tracker, status updates are communicated to programmes, and that all relevant documentation is filed appropriately
- Supervise the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and costing
- Establishes bid standards and prepares procurement documents to publicly solicit bids and contracts for the purchase and /or lease of materials and services.
- Identify and document potential suppliers and service providers that satisfy VSF G contracting and purchasing requirements. Maintains positive vendor relations.
- Coordinates routinely with other departments to assure effective and timely coordination and teamwork in procuring goods and services. Provides guidance and direction by presenting available procurement options.
- To follow up and supervise Asset management, inventory control and disposal for the VSFG by Conduct monthly or yearly Base the inventory process and Asset register.
- Prepare Purchase Order (PO) up to supplier payment after complete delivery of the goods or services.
- Follow the required procedures for the import list and custom agreement on yearly base.
- To follow and monitor daily Fuel consumption, requested orders and monthly report for vehicles and generators.
- Ensures goods and equipment are safely received, stored and delivered to field.
- To follow and applied Supply Chain Management and day to day logistics activities.
- Conducts and inducts Safety/Security briefing for Sudanese Staff and Expat Staff.
- Provides IT support as requested and managing office maintenance on daily basis.
- Manages vehicles movement and ensure timely maintenance.
- Maintain VSFG account credit with UNHAS and provide the needed report.
- Maintains timely travel arrangements including follow up of all types of visas and accommodation of international & local staff.
- Any other assignments as requested by supervisor.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- The preferred candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, public administration, or a closely related field. Master's degree will be Plus +
- Should have at least 3 years of experience in procurement and logistics management or related work preferably in private companies and non-governmental organizations.
- Experience in procurement and logistics management for large projects, of which at least Three years were working in the international NGO.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; excellent demonstrated interpersonal, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and energetically approach tasks assigned.
- Clearly state your contact address and telephone number
- Only short listed will be contacted
- Closing date is 27th November 2022.
- Applicants are requested to submit applications and CVs and non-returnable photocopies of certificates to be addressed to: Labor office, Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC), Eastern end of Gamhoriya Street. & through online via: https://www.sudanjob.net
- Women are encouraged to apply for this position