Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization that strives for a world free from poverty, fear, and oppression. We deliver life-saving and life-changing interventions to the world's poorest and most vulnerable people. From rapid emergency response to innovative development programming, we go to the hardest to reach places to make sure that no-one is left behind.
Gross Salary Range: 557 US dollars to 710 US dollars based on experience.
No. of Post:
El Geneina -West Darfur
Fixed term Contract 12 Months – Renewable based on the performance and budget availability
24 Nov 2022
The Systems Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in service delivery to both internal and external stakeholders. The Systems Department facilitates and manages organizations Procurement, Transport, Warehouse and Assets functions in line with formulated internal frameworks and being compliant with set donor regulations and guidelines. The overriding objective for all Concern Worldwide System’s activity is the prompt and effective provision of materials, goods and services to Concern Worldwides’s beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
The Procurement Officer will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of goods, services and works in Concern’s office in ElGeneina Office. He/she will execute his/her duties in accordance to Concern Worldwide Policies & Procedures and donor guidelines. He/she will effectively and efficiently support procurement systems, processes and activities to deliver quality programing on time in line with organizational strategy, donor requirements and within allocated budgets.
Duties and responsibilities:
Documentation & Compliance:
Ensure that all procurement related activities are well documented, are in compliance to all procurement frameworks and laid down policies and procedures by:
- Ensuring that all Supplies Requests and subsequent documentation are approved in line with the Country Delegation of Authority Matrix.
- Following the right solicitation procedure for different procurement thresholds and filing all procurement related documentation.
- Being responsible for preparing RFQs, etc. for review and approval before sharing with potential vendors.
- Ensuring that the evaluation and selection criteria of vendors/supplier is appropriately executed and documented as outlined in the Procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the right and appropriate contract is prepared, reviewed and duly approved upon selection of a vendor/supplier.
- Ensuring that all documentation and correspondences arising out of any procurement related transaction is appropriately documented and incorporated in the corresponding procurement file.
- Implementing any outstanding logistics related audit recommendations in liaison with the Systems Coordinator.
Reporting & Records Management
Ensure that all procurement records are properly kept and all reports submitted in a timely manner by:
- Maintaining all Procurement files (both hard and electronic copies) in an organized, accurate and up to date manner. (This includes all Purchase Orders, Contracts, Agreements etc.)
- Maintaining and regularly updating supplier database and carry out Market Surveys as directed by Logistics Manager.
- Maintaining and keeping an updated version of the procurement tracker and sharing it with Logistics Manager on a weekly basis.
- Generating any other procurement related reports as may be requested by the systems Coordinator.
Internal & External Business Partnerships:
Ensure that the procurement function works better together with both internal and external stakeholders by:
- Assisting requestors to outline correct item specifications when making supplies request.
- Liaising with the Transport & Warehouse Officer on the procurement pipeline and anticipate dates for receiving commodities.
- Liaising with the Government and Liaisons Officer for HAC approvals relating to Tender advertisements.
- Proactively sharing information with requestors on status of their supplies requests and ensuring that procurement lead times are adhered to across all thresholds.
- Timely and promptly arranging for Procurement Committee Meetings (as and when required).
- Working closely with Program Experts for Technical advice when procuring specialized commodities, services or works.
- In collaboration with the Logistics Manager, support programing teams in the development and close monitoring of procurement plans.
- Preparing accurate and complete Payment Requests (with all supporting documents) and onward submission to Finance Dept. upon System Director’s review and approval.
- Constantly coordinating & liaising with other support functions (HR, Admin, and Finance) to effectively provide support to program implementation.
- Managing procurement related external communications with vendors/suppliers in liaison with the Systems Coordinator and (or) Area Coordinator.
- Design, plan and implement capacity-building plans for all relevant Concern Sudan staff on key elements of the different components of procurement.
- Actively participate in collective exercises such as preparation or updates of Preparing for Effective Emergency Response (PEER) plan, Security Management Plan (SMP) and other Concern initiatives.
- Take active measures to address equality issues, particularly relating to gender, in program as well as operational activities.
- Ensure the highest stands of accountability through ensuring good communication and information sharing within and outside the organization.
- Be aware of, understand and comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (Code of Conduct and its associated policies, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc.).
- Contribute to ongoing security management and planning as necessary.
- Actively participate in any emergency response if called upon to do so (within the existing program area or in a new one)
- Support Field Office procurements for items procured in Khartoum.
- Occasionally have field support visits to offer support as may be required/directed by Systems Coordinator.
- Assist the Logistics Manager in conducting special tasks/assignments that may not be related to procurement as and when directed.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner that will not bring disrepute to Concern Worldwide or conduct that may jeopardize Concern’s humanitarian mission.
Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Systems Coordinator.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Procurement, Logistics, Administration or related field with demonstrated experience in Procurement and (or) Administration in Sudan.
- At least three (3) years of progressive experience with at least two (2) years’ experience with an International NGO in Procurement.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of the Procurement Cycle.
- Strong computer skills in Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate well with colleagues across all hierarchy levels
- Strong Communication (both oral & written) and negotiations skills
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, facilitation skills and writing skills.
- Managing yourself
- Communicating and working with others
- Delivering Results
- Planning and Decision Making
- Creativity and Innovation
- Influence, Advocacy and Networking
- Change Management.
The above duties will be prioritised by the manager in consultation with the post-holder. The post-holder may be asked to re-organize their work to help Concern respond to changes in type or extent of need. This would be done in a way consistent with the purposes of the post and in consultation with the post-holder.
Except in the normal duties of work, information relating to the practices and business of Concern Worldwide must not be disclosed to another person or organization without authorization.
Concern is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview. To find out more about Concern Worldwide visit our website at http://www.concern.net .
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s
Core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies
To apply : .