We work with organizations around the world to help poor and vulnerable people overcome emergencies, earn a living through agriculture and access affordable health care.
Rokero, Central Darfur, Sudan
No. of Post:
Golo, Central Darfur, Sudan
24 Nov 2022
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding. Since 2004, CRS has providing life-saving assistance to the most vulnerable communities negatively impacted by conflict and natural disasters in areas such as the Darfur region.
The Sub Office Coordinatorrepresents CRS in his/her area of operations, liaising with relevant state and NGO actors. He/she monitors security and other key aspects of the operational environment, and shares security information with the State office (SOM). This position manages the smooth administrative functioning of the sub-office, including logistics, finance, and HR. The Sub Office Coordinator supports field-level implementation of activity plans developed by the Program Managers, alerts all PMs to implementation challenges, and facilitate the reporting of program activities. He/ shecontributes to projects planning and development processes which are led by Program Managers. The position requires close coordination with Sector PMs and other project team members who are responsible for managing and monitoring projects in their respective sectors. This position also requires an active role in supporting, coaching, and mentoring field staff.
Duties and responsibilities:
Represent CRS in his/her area of operation
- Coordinate office activities with government, non-government, and UN agents in the field.
- Represent CRS at government, NGO, and UN meetings in the field.
- Maintain regular information flow with SOM and the Program Managers in Zalingei.
- Staff safety and security
- Monitor the security and operational environment and notify the SOM of changes to the security environment.
- File incident reports in a timely way.
- Provide security briefing to all visitors to the field.
- Ensure staff members are following the field security plan and Standard Operating Procedures.
Management and Administration:
- Be fully responsible for the daily operations in the field office operating area, including staff safety, supervision, resource management and financial oversight, while ensuring consistency in practices and procedures with the overall CRS/Sudan program.
- Ensure staff compliance with all CRS staff safety, administrative and operational procedures, and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations.
- In coordination and collaboration with the SOM, PMs, and HR in Zalingei, ensure that necessary and skilled staff are put in place for the smooth operation of programs.
- Ensure that adequate guesthouses are set up and furnished for re-locatable national staff, and visitors.
Supervise and Coach staff
- Directly support Ops staff in the field office and provide them with coaching support.
- Provide day-to-date support to ensure they are fulfilling their work plan set by the relevant PM. PMs are the direct supervisors of these field staff but rely on the ACs to ensure that day-to-day activities are taking place and that any challenges are reporting to the PMs.
- Foster national staff development and teambuilding through coaching and mentoring.
- Support program staff in project implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Identify training needs and opportunities for staff and organize/facilitate training events as appropriate.
- Ensures that all CRS fixed asset inventories are updated and reported quarterly for subsequent submission to Finance/.
- Ensure the proper recording, tracking, and reporting of other office property inventories, and physical count of all properties.
- In coordination with the Admin manager and procurement team in Zalingei, schedule and makes available vehicles to make program operations efficient and smooth.
- Ensures that all trips, official and personal, are properly recorded in the vehicle logbooks. Ensures that CRS Policy on Vehicle Use is complied with.
IT and Communications:
- Ensure that management information systems and other communication equipment are kept up to standard and in good working order with the help of the IT Assistant.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- A strong team worker.
- Ability to exercise sound, mature judgment.
- Aptitude to work in difficult weather conditionsand stressful situations.
- Creativity, flexibility, and the ability to work with limited resources.
- The acceptance of cultural differences, basic living conditions and a continuously changing environment.
- The ability to work independently with minimum supervision and the desire to embrace the challenge of working in a complex emergency.
- Bachler degree in international development, social since or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of Administration work/living experience.
- Mature individual with experience in staff safety and security management, emergency programming and project management support.
- Ability to represent the Agency with government, UN, and non-government agents.
- Staff supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of region and working area context.
- Flexible, motivated, team player.
- Technical expertise in a sector related to emergency program activities.
- Willingness to live and work in an environment where conditions are occasionally harsh and/or volatile.
- Excellent English language skills. Arabic language ability preferred
Physical Requirements/Environment: Position will be based inRokiro- North JabelMerra.
Language Required: Fluency in English and Arabic (both oral and written skills)
Major Responsibilities of Position: Management/Administration, staff safety and security, Report Writing, Mentoring/Training
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: State office manager- Central Darfur, Admin manager, Project Officers, Program Managers, Head of Programming, Deputy country representative, Country Representative, other key staff in the Zalingei and Khartoum offices.
- External: Host country government other INGOs, UN, donor officials, local partners
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff working in emergencies to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Communicates strategically under pressure
- Manages stress and complexity
- Actively promotes safety and security
- Manages and implements high-quality emergency programs
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CRS gives equal opportunities for applying of men, and women.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Only Sudanese national staff can be considered for this post.
Safeguarding Policy statement: CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, human trafficking everywhere and at all times. I, the applicant, accept these requirements as part of my job application.
Submission location: -
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume and copies of your education and work certificates to (Labor office (LO) Zalingei-Central Darfur, ensure that your cover letter or resume has a phone number where you can be reached. No later than 24th November 2022.