Founded in 1991, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organisation devoted to international solidarity, social and humanitarian causes in the fields of humanitarian assistance and development aid, both in France and in the world.
Khartoum, Regular travel to field locations
Until Dec 31,2022 (renewable depending of funding)
30 Sept 2022
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit, non-political association (under the French law of 1901) whose objective is to rescue, provide aid and protect the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts or economic crises. SIF is active in more than 30 countries around the world, implementing emergency, post-emergency and development programmes. SIF works in 4 areas of intervention:
- Education and promotion of child well-being
- Food security and livelihoods
- Water, hygiene and sanitation
- Shelter and rehabilitation
As part of the strengthening of its mission in Sudan, SIF is recruiting a Project Officer.
Duties and responsibilities:
The core role of the project officer is to ensure SIF projects are implemented as per the Organizationís laid down procedures and in keeping with its mandate. The position holder will support the program Coordinator and the program team in program design, and to design standardized work plans and tools for implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the projects. This will involve participating in scoping missions and needs assessments, interacting with other partners and stakeholders in different aspects. The position holder is expected to provide essential support to ensure quality, efficient and effective project implementation and also ensure cross-cutting issues including gender; disability, child protection, and concern for the physical environment are considered and/or mainstreamed in project design and implementation.
Under the supervision of the Programs Coordinator, the Project Officer is expected to deliver on the following tasks:
- Ensure the correct implementation of projects activities such as defined by the Project Coordinator;
- Carry out project activities including preparation of work plans and related monitoring;
- Provide field level technical implementation support on WASH, FSL and Orphan support;
- Actively assist and participate in project events (meetings/workshops/trainings);
- Report regularly to Project Coordinator about project management matters;
- Participate in needs assessments for different SIF Projects;
- Carry-out questionnaires; surveys and focus groups under the guidance of the Project Coordinator;
- Participate in review and deployment of M&E tools as guided by the MEAL Officer;
- Timely mobilization and effective communication with communities and stakeholders during baselines and evaluations;
- Field visits to monitor and evaluate progress in implementation of activities
- Prepare quality monthly and end of project narrative reports with the Project Coordinator and MEAL Officer, in line with SIF reporting guidelines;
- Assist in reviewing and redesigning intervention in consultation with the Project Coordinator in response to evolving needs of the target groups;
- Ensure participation in sector level partnership meetings with NGOs and other actors working on WASH, Food Security and Nutrition, IDPs, and Orphans & Vulnerable Children as requested;
- Assist in communication and collaboration with donors and partners;
- Identifying training needs of program staff and beneficiaries in the context of the project;
- Any additional related tasks requested by the line manager
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- A Bachelor degree in Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Community Development or other relevant degree;
- Minimum 3 years of experience relevant in the field of project implementation;
- Demonstrated experience in project proposal & report writing;
- Experience in project cycle management;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in community research with emphasis on quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Experience in working in a humanitarian NGO setting, preferably INGO;
- Experience in working in collaboration with government agencies & other sector stakeholders;
- Ability to build, manage and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff;
- Excellent written and spoken in English and in Arabic;
- Superior computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, data base management, communication applications, and knowledge of statistical - including online/digital data collection applications - will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with Sudanese context and local culture is a plus.
ETHICS AND PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
- Respect and promote SIFís Policies and Agree to comply with SIF Code of Conduct and ensures Child safeguarding standards are upheld.
- Report to your line manager any discrepancies of SIFís policies among the team or partners
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
SIF is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV. Deadline for application: Sep 30,2022. Duration of Contract: until Dec 31,2022 (renewable depending of funding).
Application should be submitted to www.sudanjob.net and also to Labour office, Khartoum Al Jamhoriya Street.