PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Through capacity building and through technical and programme support, the International Programme Division keeps the organization focused on the socioeconomic and humanitarian needs of vulnerable people.
The division reinforces IRís implementing structure to enable these people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organization is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises.
The division increases the organizationís ability to tackle poverty by developing and fostering partnerships and institutional relationships effectively and proactively, and by ensuring transparent and timely reporting to the organisationís donors.
Support programme team in the learning, accountability and data collection of all projects to ensure MEAL objectives are met for IR and in line with donor requirements. Guides programme staff in effective data consolidation and quality management and undertake MEAL related activities using IR learning Systems. Work closely with PDQ colleagues to ensure reporting provided to quality expected and within required timelines.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Has regular contact with all the MEAL staff in the Field Offices and PDQ department. Close contact with the programme staff and Country Director.
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
Scope of the Role:
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff. The MEAL Coordinator promotes the effective use of Monitoring and Evaluation policies.
Duties and responsibilities:
Key Accountability 1: Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects
- Monitor M&E data quality provided by programme staff, looking for methods to improve data quality, sharing with the teams.
- To conduct and facilitate situation analysis, baselines, develop monitoring systems for the project and carry out monitoring visits;
- Work closely with Area Managers and Field Coordinators focal staff to analyse program data, and ensure overall program progress from collected information throughout project sites;
- Support Managers to monitor the work of local implementing partners, and engage in capacity building of local partners in MEAL systems and functions;
- Technically backstop other MEAL team members in prioritizing project visits, generating project progress updates, conducting debrief sessions and developing action plans for program improvement;
- To assist in developing a unified M/E system and mechanisms for partner NGOs.
- Provide MEAL technical support during project design, development of indicators, developing project M&E plans, review of project guidelines and documents
- Lead planning, implementation and follow-up of evaluations (including real-time reviews, mid-term and final evaluations etc.).
- Participate in evaluations where required.
- Provide technical support during development of evaluation TORs, evaluation design; quality assurance, follow up on evaluation recommendations and learning.
- Provide high quality statistical reports on project achievements monthly and as required.
- Maintain records for all projects in the Project Monitoring, Evaluation and learning system.
- Ensure all stages of the projects are updated in a timely manner.
Produce reports from the system for management team as required.
Key Accountability 2: Ensure project Learning and accountability within the communities
- Establish project learning and accountability initiatives within the communities where these do not exist.
- Implement accountability mechanisms at field level, such as complaints response mechanisms Ė working on community assessment, design, implementation, review etc. Ensure that activities are carried out to raise awareness of prevention and handling of complaints in line with IRW policy.
- Receive accountability data from field, analyze and share with direct supervisor. Compile and analyze data on monthly basis and share it with program teams at various levels.
- Support teams in designing, implementing and managing Accountability to Beneficiaries mechanism by introducing such system which facilitates beneficiaries to register and share timely feedback on IRW program activities;
- Share beneficiariesí input and feedback for management response and recommend needed handling and rectification.
- Help organize Sudan institutional memory and data management, including documentation and sharing of lessons learnt, best practices and the process of emergency interventions.
- Facilitate establishment of learning forums, provide support for program teams to document lessons learnt, best practices and areas of improvement, and ensure sharing of learning internally and externally.
- Maintain learning and accountability initiatives, ensuring programme staff understand the reasons for these are in place.
Undertake monitoring visits to collect feedback using the Project Community Feedback system.
Key Accountability 3: Support programme team with M&E frameworks and data collection
- Undertake baseline surveys in community.
- Contribute to proposals on M&E aspects.
- Design a performance-monitoring framework and plan for new projects.
- Conduct impact evaluations at the end of projects.
- Ensure that MEAL is infused in all of IRW development and response interventions to provide effective support to program, finance and administration units;
- Provide technical support to MEAL focal staff in the field to implement MEAL systems at project level, including collating, compiling, analysing program learning and subsequent reporting on all IRW development and emergency response interventions.
- Support the PDQ/fundraising Unit in establishing an integrated quality M/E system (including output trackers) for the respective field offices.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor university degree in social science, preferably in a development and/or humanitarian related field.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; fluency in English and Arabic.
- At least 3-5 years working experience with International NGOs in Sudan, particularly in area of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL).
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals, Sphere Standards, Do No Harm policy, Red-Cross/Red-crescent Code of Conduct, Humanitarian Accountability Programme etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation, particularly in NGOs
- Able to analyse quantitative and qualitative data
- Advanced IT skills, particularly in Excel and statistical software such as SPSS
- Able to apply research concepts such as designing questionnaires and to conduct structured interviews for data collection purposes
- Able to build the capacity of others
- An ability to work under pressure with limited support.
- Good written and spoken English; able to contribute to written reports and proposals.
- Committed to Islamic Relief Worldwide values and code of conduct
- Willing and able to travel for up to 30% of role
- Sensitivity to cultural differences
- Language skills in Arabic
Womenís are encouraged to apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT : IRW is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, upgrades, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment. This policy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
IRWís talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.