Duties and responsibilities:
To provide a professional and efficient HR function at local Field Office level, covering all aspects from: project implementation, maintenance of in-house HR systems and personnel files/documentation, managing the recruitment cycle, employee relations and best practice in line with Human Appeal values, health and safety, legislation and audit requirements, in order to ensure delivery of Human Appeal’s HR strategy in Sudan. Candidate needs to have good understanding of HR labor laws and best practice and able to implement compliant HR practices especially in Tax, Social security and employee statutory rights.
Administer starter / leaver processes by managing all documentation requests for interviews, induction, contracts, exit interviews, and equipment in a timely manner to ensure smooth running of the recruitment cycle, delivery of business needs, employee satisfaction and best practice.
- Draft and administer all aspects of employee documentation by submitting changes to employee terms and conditions, maternity, paternity, pensions etc., to ensure employee and employer needs are met.
- Effectively monitor, maintain and update employee personnel data and files including hard copy files, such as training records, holidays, absences, timesheets, appraisals, employee feedback etc. to ensure compliance in line with audits and accurate employee records for internal use.
- Support Hiring Managers to ensure the smooth running of the full recruitment cycle; placing job ads, liaising with recruitment agencies, preparing a shortlist of candidates, arranging interviews, issuing offer letters and employee contracts and undertaking all required pre-employment checks, ensuring all new-starter paperwork is completed.
- Support the HR function at UK Head Office with the development and implementation of projects as required by actively participating in planning and implementing of projects such as Employee conferences, rebranding new systems to contribute to the continued growth of the charity and establish an efficient and lean HR function.
- Provide payroll support by collating monthly Payroll updates, liaising with the Finance department for updates, making necessary benefits/deduction calculations to ensure a smooth Payroll process so that staff are paid correctly and on time.
- Act as a point of contact for incoming queries, signposting to appropriate stakeholders and escalating Employee Relations issues to UK Office where appropriate.
- Maintain own continuing professional development by keeping up to date with legal requirements and relevant HR developments to ensure charity is compliant with changing legislation and responsive to social-economic requirements.
- To work with, manage or supervise volunteers and interns.
- Promote good working practices and maintain a professional working environment that delivers excellence and compliance by; maintaining confidentiality of information, compliance and Data Protection, adhering to HA’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy at all times, and adhering at all times to best practice, employment law, global code of conduct, policy and procedure.
- Develop and deploy localized HR policy, processes and templates in line with labour law requirements.
- Advice and support line managers on the management of their teams to maximize business performance. The advice given should be practical, sensible and in line with HA’s Employee Relations approach, should be based on a sound knowledge of employment legislation and internal policies, and should enable the manager to achieve their aim whilst being considerate of the emotional and cultural impact on the employee(s) and those around them, and the reputational impact to HA.
- Case manage employee relations activity i.e. absence, grievance, disciplinary etc., from advising managers on the optimal approach, and supporting them through to a successful outcome.
- Manage feedback process to enable greater employee engagement and retention of existing employees; determine and improve feedback process and pass on relevant feedback to respective directors and managers, and identify trends across the organization, turning this into suggested actions/areas for attention.
- Act as a safeguarding focal person for staff and volunteer wellbeing.
- Deliver and continuously improve the HR functions alongside the UK HR team, and review and implement developments, continuously reviewing and improving manager and employee accessibility to policies and associated guidance.
NB - Employee duties are not limited only to the above-mentioned accountabilities; he/she may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Experience and Technical Competencies
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably specialization in HR.
• Minimum 4 years of HR experience.
• Proven experience of providing an efficient HR service and providing advice on a range of HR issues (Recruitment, Learning & Development, Employee relations, HR operations etc).
• Previous experience of working in international HR is desirable, you will need to rely on your varied HR resourcing experience and sound principles of people management.
• Be approachable, flexible, have a good eye for detail and be ready to work in a busy and varied role. You will also recognize that good HR practice can make a real difference to HA's success.
• Computer literate and experienced with MS Office Suite.
• Fluent in English and Arabic is essential.
• Passionate and knowledgeable about the international development sector