Job Requirement (Knowledge, Experience and skills)
Degree in Public Health/Nutrition or Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences or related technical field
Technical specific knowledge /skills:
- Knowledge in Health and Nutrition systems.
- Experience in nutrition and hygiene promotion, work with local communities, children and vulnerable people, experience in community mobilization and participation.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in health and nutrition project.
- Proven experience in capacity building, health and nutrition soft activities or similar activities.
- Reporting capacity, organized and rigorous personality, availability/learning capacity
- Ability to work in a team, interpersonal qualities, and diplomacy, flexible with respect to job priority.
- Good knowledge of INGOs and donor agencies procedure, guidelines, and intervention in the country.
- Strong communication skills, used to speak in front of an audience and able to work dynamically with children and adult
- Experience in community mobilization and participation
- Availability/ Capacity to learn
- Ability to work under pressure and in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in Arabic and excellent English
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Physical Environment and Demands:
Office based in Khartoum with regular visits to the field
Level of Contact with Children:
Demonstrate commitment to AORDís child protection policy though implementing the policy fully, and report any actual or potential risk situations following the reporting procedures, being aware of abuse and risks to children, being vigilant, becoming familiar with the CPP, and preventing abuse/protect children.