The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPEís key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
Duties and responsibilities:
The AC Consultant will have the responsibility of providing administrative and programmatic support to CIPEís program in Sudan, in this role the consultant will work closely with local CSOs and stakeholders to implement the inception phase of the anticorruption program. The position requires a dedication to meeting deadlines, assisting field and HQ staff and working with consultants and partners.
- Co-leading and coordinating the implementation of the inception phase of the project.
- Designing workplan regarding the implementation schedule of the inception phase.
- Arranging meetings and consultations with the project stakeholders to get additional information needed for the inception report.
- Building strong relationships with local implementers, stakeholders, and partners.
- Coordinating deliverable from different teams and organizing the process of writing the final inception report.
- Leading the writing process of the inception report.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentational).
- Independent and initiative working.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in and with teams.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Masterís degree or equivalent years of experience is required, international development, law or public policy, journalism, public relations or relevant field.
- Excellent communication skills. Demonstrable writing, editing, and public speaking experience.
- Proficiency in MS-Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing various communication tools and software.
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Strong English and Arabic writing abilities, critical thinking skills, and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Experience building brands or representing NGOs or companies with the public, government, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience with grants and contracts preferred.
- Flexibility to collaborate with a diverse team or work independently and deliver consistent, reliable results.
- Detail oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to develop, manage, and monitor project budgets.
- Experiences working international agencies and UN are preferred.