The Electoral Institute for Sustainable Democracy in Africa (EISA) has a vacancy in Khartoum, Sudan for the
position of National Programme Officer.
EISA offers a competitive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience. EISA is a continental not
for profit organisation located in Johannesburg, South Africa and Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire with field offices in
Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, Madagascar, Niger, Tanzania, Somalia, and
Sudan. EISA has continental and sub-regional programmes. EISA strives for excellence in the promotion of
credible elections, citizen participation and the strengthening of political institutions for sustainable democracy in
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the EISA Sudan Country Director in the implementation of designated activities.
- Conceptualise and prepare proposals, concept notes and budgets under the guidance of the Country Director.
- Draft and prepare programme, donor and board reports under the guidance of the Country Director.
- Ensure a gender-balance and pro-woman approach throughout the portfolio of activities, where relevant and
- Contribute to designing, planning, conceptualisation, implementation and management of programmes and
- Maintain and establish collaborative relationships with partner organisations in the Election, Democracy and Governance fields with a bearing on the programme.
- Support partners in the development and design of strategies and implementation of advocacy-related interventions.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of assigned activities.
- Maintain ongoing interaction and relationships with EISA core stakeholders and/or partners.
- Track expenditure of activity budgets.
- Assist with translation of work-related documents or meetings (English-Arabic-English) whenever requested.
- Contribute to the growth of EISA’s work and identify new work opportunities in Sudan.
- Attend and represent EISA at meetings, conferences and events that relate to the work of EISA when requested by the Country Director
- Any other work required by the Country Director, Sudan.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social or Political Sciences, Administration, International Relations, International Development or another relevant discipline.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in the fields of election, democracy and/or public governance. Work experience in the NGO space is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate and write in Arabic and English.
- Experience in training, facilitation and organisation of conferences/workshops
- Ability to relate diplomatically and professionally at all levels
- Experience in activity design and report writing.
- Knowledge of administration procedures including budget preparation and management.
- Project management.
- Knowledge of Results-Based Management and Human Rights-Based Approach.
- Able to work with MS Office (mostly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with Theory of Change and Results Framework
- Ability to work as part of a team and adhere to deadlines and set priorities
Knowledge and Skills
- Analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to prepare a basic budget
- Well-developed writing skills
- Decision making and problem-solving
- Conflict management skills
- Computer literacy
- Written and spoken fluency in Arabic and English.
- Dynamic team player
- Adaptable to different working environments and conditions
- Ability to make quick decisions and take initiative
- Able to relate to people
- Willingness to travel countrywide and internationally
Please send an application letter and CV that includes three references by email with the subject title “National Programme Officer” to Ms Ange Marie Nijimbere <email@example.com> by no later than 25th September 2022, 23h59.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Position open to Sudanese citizens only. Women are encouraged to apply. EISA reserves the right not to appoint.