Grants management and compliance
• Assess and build the country office’s capacities to comply with DRC's grant management guidelines
• Ensure country office compliance with grants management system (GMS)
• Assist country office and regional office in preparing, facilitating, and following up on grant meetings as well as in drafting, finalizing, and sharing minimum set of documents required for grant meetings
• Provide support on grants management of multi-country and regional grants
• Provide training on compliance with donors’ regulations and requirements.
• Provide support to country offices to ensure operational compliance of grants with guidelines and donor regulations in the areas of finance, logistics, procurement, and human resources.
• Review country office reports to donors
• Prepare and present donor compliance guidelines at kick-off meetings and provide ongoing support to program teams in adhering to donor guidelines
• Prepare and present on donor rules and regulations during grants meetings
• Lead or assist in developing and/ or reviewing concept notes, proposals, and amendments for multi-country or regional interventions.
• Gap filling or providing temporary support to country offices for proposal development.
• Liaise with finance colleagues on budget follow up and expenditure levels of running grants
• Conduct or facilitate country and regional level donor mapping
• Conduct or facilitate training for country or regional office, including but not limited to on logframes, proposal development, and/ or reporting
• Inductions of new colleagues
• Other tasks as identified by the Grants Management Manager
As Specialist the post-holder is responsible for the following:
• Responsible for providing specialized knowledge and operational know-how within a specific discipline
• May also have technical line responsibilities, but generally on technical or operational matters