Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization that strives for a world free from poverty, fear, and oppression. We deliver life-saving and life-changing interventions to the world's poorest and most vulnerable people. From rapid emergency response to innovative development programming, we go to the hardest to reach places to make sure that no-one is left behind.
F0 - F5 with Gross Salary Between 864- 1104 USD Based on experience
Health and Nutrition Project Manager, Area Coordinator
No. of Post:
11 August 2022
The Health and Nutrition Coordinator will take a lead role in coordinating Kadugli health and nutrition program. This will involve effectively leading the integration and implementation of the Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) and optimal Infant and Child Feeding (IYCF) , Communication for Development (C4D ) , component of the nutrition program into the Primary Healthcare Program (RH-ANC and PNC, EPI, HE) in Concern operation areas, provide training to the health and nutrition field staff, line manage and support West Darfur based seconded Health and Nutrition Supervisor and all facility based health and Nutrition staff, represent Concern in health and nutrition forums and develop partnerships with local government bodies and national NGOs in the absence of health & Nutrition project Manager
Duties and responsibilities:
Coordination and Technical Support
- Coordinate with the health and Nutrition Project Manager, Area Managers and work closely with the Health and Nutrition project Manager to train all Concern and Ministry of Health staff on national health and nutrition protocols, referral mechanism, data collection and documentation and behavioral change communications within the programme operation areas.
- Contribute to the development of a clear mechanism to provide support to the health and nutrition teams in the field and ensure effective implementation of the PHC, CMAM and IYCF programs with technical inputs from the Health and Nutrition project manager , international health and Nutrition advisor .
- Coordinate with both programme areas in regard to the provision of support to the SMoH including training and financial support.
- Provide guidance and technical support to the Health and Nutrition supervisor and facility based health and nutrition SMOH staff working in the Concern support Health and Nutrition programs.
- Support the Health and Nutrition project Manager in the development of project and donor reports as appropriate , to support international health and Nutrition advisor by develop project and donor report.
- Contribute on the shift from emergency to recovery and be actively involved in the implementation of Infant and Young Child Feeding programme by utilizing National behavioural change communication strategies.
- Develop an integration strategy with technical inputs from the health and nutrition project manager , International Health and Nutrition Advisor to integrate CMAM programme into the SMoH PHC services in West Darfur.
- Support project manager In coordination with the Logistic department at El Geneina level, develop a clear mechanism for supplying needed health and nutrition program supplies to health facilities in a transparent and accountable manner.
- Support the process of sector integration in the West Darfur programme
- Support health and nutrition project Manager in identifying potential local health and nutrition implementing partner and support them in capacity building and program implementation.
- In the absence of health and nutrition project manager, Participate in the health and nutrition coordination meetings at state level and represent Concern in technical meetings as needed.
- Assign by health and nutrition project manager to represent Concern in technical health and nutrition missions conducted by stakeholders and UN agencies.
- Support health and nutrition project Manager in the planning and execution of training programs for Concern and SMOH staff.
- Provide support supervision and on job training of the health and nutrition teams in health facilities.
- Contribute to the development of training tools/guidelines/standards to improve program quality and outcome.
- Capacity building of the field staff through technical updates, training opportunities, exchange visits, literature sharing, etc.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Provide regular monitoring of Kadulgi health and nutrition programs and provide support supervision as needed, in support from health and Nutrition Project Manager.
- Responsible for collection, collation and dissemination of data from the Concern supported health facilities.
- Facilitate learning, documentation and sharing of experience/learning of PHC, CMAM and IYCF within the operation areas.
- Conduct day to day supervision of health and Nutrition staff performances, from Concern , SMOH seconded staff at health facilities.
- Contribute to the development of programme database and maintain statistical database of programme figures for all the program sites.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports highlighting programme achievement, challenges and plans and submit them to the his/her line managers on regular and timely manner.
- Submit bi-weekly WFP reports in TSFP programme runs by Concern in West Darfur.
- Compile information collected from various programme areas to produce monthly narrative reports.
- Participate in recruitment for nutrition staff in the programme areas.
- Conduct performance development reviews (PDR) for staff line managed(if any)
- Cover the Health and Nutrition project Manager role on his/her absence.
- Help collate yearly leave plan for health and nutrition staff and arrange coverage where necessary.
- Perform any other duties as directed/ or requested by the line managers.
- The Health and Nutrition Coordinator is accountable to Health and Nutrition Project Manager ( UNICEF) and Health and Nutrition Advisor for functional and technical performances respectively. Completion of timely and accurate written reports, feedback from area manager and Health and Nutrition Advisor, project Manager , Colleagues in programme area and the Region and Partners are the main means of assessing performance.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- University degree in the field of health sciences (Public Health, Nutrition or Nursing with at least three years of professional experience with NGOs is a must.
- Job related Experience required
- Experience in community based health/nutrition programme.
- Experience in CMAM , IYCF , PHC programme implementation and management.
- Experience in needs assessments, surveillance, surveys, and information management
- Experience in training, supervision and management of staff.
- Experience in budget management during implementation to avoiding under or Over –spent.
- Excellent computer skills especially word, excel, and power point.
- Ability to communicate and write reports in English is required.
- Knowledge and experience of humanitarian work is an added advantage
- Knowledge of policies and guidelines pertaining to the health and nutrition sectors in Sudan is required.
- Ability to travel to field locations with rough roads and extreme weather conditions.
- Time required in Job to reach effective performance
- Probation period – 3 month.
HIV & AIDS:-
Concern Sudan Country Programme is committed to respond to HIV & AIDS and to a supportive working environment for those infected or affected. Each staff member is required to contribute to achieving this commitment by:
Raising awareness and being updated on HIV & AIDS issues
Protecting him/herself and colleagues
Sharing information with colleagues and avoiding stigma and discrimination
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s
Core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies
To apply : Please submit a cover letter , CV detailing your experience skills and qualifications, your experience and educational certificates, ID, Birth Certificate, National Number, Contact details for two professional references to Sudan Job Website.