Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises. Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
Duties and responsibilities:
Supervise managing successful implementation and learning of assigned project in line with donor requirements and obligations while continuously evaluating relevance of the projects to reality on the ground;
- Maintain positive relationship with relevant authorities to ensure approval of all project activities;
- Provide necessary support to the, and Education staff under and newly funded project include assisting in the kick-off and laying the foundation of project start up.
- Provide technical support to program staff to ensure development of comprehensive program pre service assessment and mapping for partners
- Conduct regular progress review meetings with the team and partners to ensure project is implementing as per agreed work plans;
- Supervise monitoring of the projects’ expenditures in coordination with finance department and other program managers.
- Monthly review of BvA, and do necessary actions to addressed issue raised from the review
- Ensure risks are appropriately managed, including financial, safety and security, programmatic and reputational, in consultation with relevant program staff,
- Coordinate with PDQ /MEAL the program evaluation plan and quality control of projects.
Provide support to State Advisory Committee (SAC) include preparation of material as well as
- participation along with the fields in SACs
- Liaise with the Advocacy and communications team to ensure all projects successes and achievement are well communicated.
- Represent Save the Children in PAC at Federal level, develop all the necessary files and deliver presentations.
- Patriciate in all meeting with the Ministry of education that related to technical issues of EQUIP.
- Perform any other duties requested by Save the Children to support better management of the project.
- Coordinate the preparation of high quality and timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal Save the Children requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Facilitate program reporting and information flow between projects’ teams in different filed offices, partners and other departments;
- Prepare and submit the program technical and financial annual and mid team reports to Save the Children members
- Support the Award Management team and the implementation team with grant set up, cycle and closure, including budget and payment schedule, reporting dates and schedules
- Coordinate the reporting schedule/calendar with the relevant Managers and Advisors and ensure all internal reporting and external reporting to the respective donors are within agreed timeframes and are of high quality
- Ensure that project reports align with approved proposals, log frames, and project targets.
- Provide technical support to EQUIP coordinator to provide good report.
- Compile the four state reports, and produce one quality report as per the donor guideline and using the donor template.
- Compare the narrative with financial to ensure the consistency.
- Review all the IPTT report and lead on addressing all the comments made by the MEAL, and be the focal person for EQUIP tracker.
- Attend, participate and provide updates in all meetings with external Auditing bodies involved in EQUIP , such as ALTI Consultancy quarterly meetings and coordinate and filling the Altai Reporting Template with quality and per guidelines.
- Provide update to the member in coordination with Awards, and provide the ember with any info/report required.
- Patriciate in all calls related to EQUIP with Member, donor and the relevant include the coordination body SOFRECO and other partners of Expertise France.
- Ensure the coordinated implementation of funded activities jointly with the operations teams and partners;
- Coordinate with Child Protection teams in the field on assessments, analysis, procedures, implementation and advocacy/communication;
- Coordinate the technical support for implementing partners provided by Save the Children TAs.
- Coordinate the donors’ visits to the project different locations, and make sure all the implementation is up to the standards.
- Ensure the field teams are well coordinated with EQUIP2 partners on the top is SOFRECO.
- Perform any other duties requested by Save the Children to support better coordination of the project.
- Provide input for programme development for //Education in close coordination with the PDQ and Field Managers, finance and operations staff;
- Ensure updated and accurate needed information for use in program development;
- Contribute on technical visioning of new programs and proposals, in particular the ones funded by EUD
- Coordinate with other Save the Children sectors on and integrate programing to ensure children’s needs are met.
Support developing the new proposals:
- Work closely with the PDQ, the Education TS, in proposal development.
- Coordinate with the field to get the necessary information.
- Act as a focal person in the operation for all education DEVCO EUD fund
- Participate in the budget and WP Development to ensure EQUIP schools are targeted by targeted WFP
Supervision of capacity building, team work and staff:
- Work with Areas and civil society partners to ensure adequate capacity building and technical support is provided
Ensure that all //Education staff understand and are able to perform their role in a humanitarian response
- and development context.
- Support the recruitment, training and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of detailed annual work plans and key monthly deliverables for //Education staff at the field level.
- Actively support team cohesion and a positive work environment.
- Assist in the Performance management of the Education staff in coordination with their line managers as per organisational policies and procedures.
Other important assignments and priorities:
- Lead on the Kick off, from the agenda, all the supply chain, procurement and logistic, invitations …. etc.
- Develop the Technical Agreement (TAs) of the projects for the four states, and follow till signing
- Lead on all preparations meeting with the FMoE and SMoE, and continue on marinating the good relation with these ministries
- Manage the relation with partners include the FMoE and SMoEs.
- Develop MoU with the States MoE.
- Participate actively in Operations meetings, planning and review activities, providing enhanced insight into child protection programming.
- Support the field team in taking forward the MEAL actions, and make sure all the comments /feedback are addressed
- Participate in Donor visit to project(s) within the country office portfolio, as required.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way, which reflects Save the Children’s commitment to safeguarding children, in accordance with our Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Policy.
Comply with and promote Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Degree in Social Sciences, preferably in Development Studies- (Master is preferable) or Professional Management Certificates with not less than 20 years of working experiences
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS NEEDED:
- Significant professional experience of at least 15 years, including experience working at a senior management or technical level in child protection, and advocacy for international NGOs
- Excellent conceptual and theoretical understanding of the Rights Based Approach, Civil Society and governance
- Excellent understanding of the child protection sector, particularly issues related to child protection in emergencies, family separation, and mental health and psychosocial support.
- Clear understanding of the intersection of child protection with other thematic areas
- Proven representation skills.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt participatory and consultative approaches.
- Experience with child protection programming in humanitarian settings absolutely required.
- Ability to compile narrative sections and thematic budgets for proposals; ability to compile/edit/write narrative reports
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
- Experience solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible with work practices and hours, and work with emergency response teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Fluency in English, verbal and written, required; Arabic a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Sudan economic, social, political and cultural contexts.
- Knowledge about international donor-compliance regulations.