UPO is Sudanese national organization that has been established in 2009 and working since 2010. UPO seeks to build peace in Sudan through conflict mitigation and reconciliation, inspiring and furnishing the local communities with sufficient and life changing skills to capacitate and empower their living. We see a more peaceful and socio-economically and politically advanced Sudan.
Vacancy No: UPO-011-2022
Deputy Executive Directo
No. of Post:
28 Nov 2022
The AM will be responsible for the programme management at front-line level, in conduct baseline surveys, need assessments, development of detailed implementation plans, assist team to set-up a local M&E system, receive, revise and produce regular programme reports. Guide, supervise, coach and mentor field programme team. S/he will further evaluate community-based programming efficiency, identify unmet needs and their dependents in displaced situations in Darfur, and develop programmatic responses.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Programme management
- Contribute to the initiation, design, development, implementation of new projects.
- Prepare and follow-up on annual work plans, project specific work plans.
- Take lead in conducting baseline-, needs and situation assessments.
- Conduct regular program reviews (monthly/quarterly/annual, etc.).
- Liaise between the programme technical specialists and the programme implementation team.
- Be instrumental in programme systematization and evaluations for programme learning purposes.
- Projects review and implementation: The AM tasked to review all the recently implemented projects, current and upcoming project and see the progress made against the planned activities, set-up DIP, monitoring, reporting and implementation plans. The Advisor also to check on the filing system, documentations, pictures and other supporting documents of all the projects implemented.
- Obtainment of partners and community feedback: the AM to visit all UPO partners both at Khartoum and field levels to obtain concrete feedback on UPO staff performances, their satisfactions and other comments both positive and negatives to help UPO address the issues of concerns and improve its operations in a way that meets donors requirements. The Advisor must a conduct a visit to UPO project site mainly the operation areas to inspect the projects implemented and obtain community feedback.
- Field supervision and coordination: the AM is responsible to daily follow-up with the field manager and program officers to ensure the activities are being timely carried out. The Advisor will ensure a proper coordination with other NGOs, UN, INGOs and relevant forums is taking place as well as attending the sectors meeting both at field and Khartoum level
- Reporting and communication. The AM is responsible to collect progress reports from the field on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to prepare a donor reports and internal reports to be submitted on the given timeline. The Advisor also responsible to develop success stories and case studies for most of the projects been carried out in 2018-2019.
- Establishment of proper information management. The AM in consultation with the communication Unit should establish a proper information management system as well archive and retrieve all the information and data of UPO projects including pictures, photos and documents and file them into the new system/tools this cover since 2013-2019
- Conduct competency analysis and identify competency gaps and prepare/submit proposals to PM for capacity gaps fix
- Prepare and review project team Job Descriptions so as to avoid overlap between different roles
- Work with technical specialist, base coordinators and department heads to contribute to the implementation and programme design of various projects
- Lead the field teams in project implementation and the design of new projects.
- Represent the UPO Programme to community leaders and communities
- represent the UPO Programme to UN/INGO/LNGOs as well as to Government departments
- Reporting & Communication
- Work with field staff to ensure regular reports are shared with technical specialist for analysis before submission to the reporting Officer for compilation and entry into a computer based database and also to ensure timely submission as per agreed deadlines
- Ensure that the quality of reporting is regularly monitored and enhanced
- Budget & Resources Management
- Overall management of specific project budgets
- Check and control of relevant project expenditure
- Ensure proper management of project resources.
- Contracts and grants management
- Ensure that at local level the AM will be the focal person for grants and contracts management being implemented at field level,
- Ensure compliance to contract and grant agreements and conditions.
EXTENT OF AUTHORITY
The AM is authorised/required to:
- Take decisions within the programme component of the programme in accordance with the agreed budget and proposals.
- Sign partnership agreements with all partners at regional level
- Operate within all UPO policies and procedures.
- Report directly to the Deputy Executive Director
- Supervise the staff and ensure they are well performing
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- 7+ Substantial years of experience of working in a humanitarian and development context, preferably in more than State in Sudan
- Significant experience of humanitarian programme management, including resource, financial, HR and information management, at least at deputy program manager level or equivalent.
- Direct experience of project appraisal, assessment, monitoring and evaluation methodologies
- Demonstrated experience and successful track record of preparing funding proposals and reports for a range of donors, including bilateral and multilateral donors, trusts and foundations.
- Commitment and ability to foster and support capacity building in own staff and of Local partners, including experience of managing teams
- Fluent written and spoken English and the ability to write clear reports for a wide range of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, communicate and negotiate with a wide range of people and organisations (including government) at all levels with tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Numeracy and ability to prepare and monitor budgets and accounts.
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to think analytically and plan strategically.
- Ability to live and work in often arduous conditions and undertake necessary travel in country.
Empathy with UPOs mission and values
Interested Candidates must write the Duty Station title at the subject and Apply throug email to Career@unitedpeac.org
Our Website: www.unitedpeac.org