The PD will be responsible for the programme management, at front-line level. He/she will ensure timely delivery of assigned project activities, receive, revise and produce regular programme reports to management and donors. Conduct baseline surveys, need assessments, development of detailed implementation plans, assist team to set-up a local M&E system. Guide, supervise, coach and mentor national programme team. S/he will further evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of our community-based programming, identify unmet needs of affected population and their dependents in displaced situations in Sudan, and develop programmatic responses in consultation with UPO director
Duties and responsibilities:
- Programme management
- Responsible for managing the grants , donors contacts, contracting requirements and compliance.
- Responsible for the implementation, follow-up, evaluation and projects closures
- Prepare and follow-up on project specific work plans and mainly for the following projects and activities:
- Conduct regular program reviews (monthly/quarterly/annual, etc).
- Support, coach & mentor individual programme team to develop their own individual workplans with milestones, indicators & expected results
- Assess the present programme structure, functioning and recommend actions for improvement to the Director
- Be instrumental in programme systematization and evaluations for programme learning purposes.
- Responsible for the initiation, design, development, implementation of new projects.
- Take lead in conducting baselines, needs & situation assessments.
- Produce human interest success story on regular basis for all the projects
- Produce mid-term and annual reports for the program unit
- Team management
- Prepare and review project team JD to avoid overlap between different roles
- Work with technical specialist, base coordinators and department heads to contribute to the implementation and programme design of various projects
- Lead field team in projects implementation and new projects design
- Reporting & Communication
- Work with field staff and programme support to Ensure regular reports are shared with technical specialist and to ensure timely submission as per agreed deadlines( donors, partners,)
- Work with different programme team to ensure that each project collects information on regular basis and able to generate quality reports as per schedule ( weekly, monthly quarterly and annually)
- Budget & Resources Management
- Overall management of specific project budgets
- Check and control of relevant project expenditure
- Ensure proper management of project resources.
- Strategy development and fundraising.
- Lead the development of UPO program strategies, operation and business plans
- Lead the development of the UPO fundraising strategy, work plan to identify appropriate resource mobilization tools.
- Help the Directors to identify appropriate funding resources through identification of potential partners/donors across the country.
- Lead the proposals/concept notes development with the team.
- Coordination and networking
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- 7+ Substantial years of experience of working in a humanitarian and development context, preferably in more than State in Sudan
- Significant experience of humanitarian programme management, including resource, financial, HR and information management, at least at deputy program manager level or equivalent.
- Direct experience of project appraisal, assessment, monitoring and evaluation methodologies
- Demonstrated experience and successful track record of preparing funding proposals and reports for a range of donors, including bilateral and multilateral donors, trusts and foundations.
- Commitment and ability to foster and support capacity building in own staff and of Local partners, including experience of managing teams
- Fluent written and spoken English and the ability to write clear reports for a wide range of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, communicate and negotiate with a wide range of people and organisations (including government) at all levels with tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Numeracy and ability to prepare and monitor budgets and accounts
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines
- Ability to think analytically and plan strategically
- Ability to live and work in often arduous conditions and undertake necessary travel in country
- Empathy with UPOs mission and values