Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises. Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
Duties and responsibilities:
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience of at least one year in an analytical capacity for an aid organisation.
- Experience of working within an emergency response context with an aid organisation.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of analytical methodologies and tools, particularly qualitative analysis.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Microsoft Excel.
- Record of excellent writing and communication skills, demonstrating the ability to summarize key information in data-scarce environments and to make complex concepts and findings understandable to a large audience.
- Critical thinker, capable of presenting the ‘bigger picture’ even in the rush of an acute crisis.
- Demonstrated capacity to work autonomously under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Diplomatic mind-set, respectful of the diversity of experiences and points of view in intercultural teams.
- Appetite for learning and making a difference in complex and challenging environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. political science, social sciences, economics, international humanitarian law).
- Commitment to work longer hours/weekends or on remote field visits when needed.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Power Bi, GIS, and/or other data visualization tools.
- Knowledge and experience of setting up and managing databases.
- Established networks among the humanitarian analyst community.