1500 - 1700 USD based on the experience & subject to all statutory deductions
Country Program Manager
No. of Post:
Khartoum with frequent travel to VSFG field offices
One year subject to renewal based on performance and Fund availability
11 August 2022
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières - Germany (VSF Germany) is a non-governmental, non-profit making international Organization, engaged in the field of veterinary relief and development work providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, and food safety, VSFG works towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. VSF Germany implements activities in Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, and Somalia.VSF Germany is registered and licensed in Sudan by Humanitarian Aid commission (HAC) since 2010 and renewed its license every year.
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a qualified person to fill the following position according to its job description and specifications. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Position: Gender & Protection Coordinator
Report to: Country Program Manager
Location: Khartoum with frequent travel to VSFG field offices
Duration: One year subject to renewal based on performance and Fund availability
Gross Salary: 1500 - 1700 USD based on the experience & subject to all statutory deductions
The Gender & Protection Coordinator will be working on mainstreaming gender in all its programming focusing on economic empowerment, social and gender justice, community-based protection. The position will play a leading role to ensure high quality community based protection and gender programming, lead research, as well as supporting high level advocacy and networking on gender and women’s empowerment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop innovative community based protection and gender transformative programming that complements VSFG programming approach
- develop a country level gender and protection strategy
- Ensure all project proposals have been designed with gender sensitive approaches, and the needs of women, girls, boys and men have been clearly considered and included in the design.
- Support program design and new grant development based on learning from existing programming, evaluations and research.
- Ensure interaction with the MEAL team, Project Managers, in close collaboration with the others VSFG running projects
- Facilitate consultations with field teams during project design, in collaboration with Projects managers and technical advisors.
- Oversee the overall implementation of VSFG protection programs, in close
coordination with Project Managers to ensure implementation is in line with program strategy.
- Provide technical support to VSFG programs and projects on community empowerment and mobilization, mainstreaming gender sensitivity, GBV, women’s voice and economic empowerment.
- Provide targeted training to VSFG related staff and partners staff on key topics related to gender & women’s empowerment, in particular related to gender analysis, GBV, women’s voice and economic empowerment, and sexual reproductive health.
- Monitor progress against agreed indicators related to VSFG capacity to implement gender sensitive and gender transformative programming,
- Ensure that lessons learned from the protection and gender interventions are well disseminated and understood by all staff
- Provide technical guidance to set up a Protection case management system including safe data management protocols.
Elaborate Concept notes and Proposals for shelter projects.
- Submit regular technical reports as required.
- Provide timely technical support to Country Director /Country Program manager as well as project managers when writing reports to donors.
- Support project research, evaluations, and baseline studies on gender/women’s empowerment with technical advice and guidance.
- Keep abreast of relevant existing and new research by other institutions that is related to women’s empowerment/gender and protection issues; and disseminate key outcomes with field teams in appropriate and effective way.
- Ensure learning and innovation is reflected in VSFG program strategy documents and are appropriately disseminated, Coordination, Networking and Advocacy.
- Build up a collaborative network of peers, government agencies and local NGOs engaged in issues related to gender/women’s empowerment and coordinate and collaborate on research, programming and advocacy.
- Represent VSFG in relevant external media and with other external stakeholders on gender and protection issues.
- Develop communication materials to support advocacy strategy as well as enhance visibility in gender and protection issues.
- Proven experience of promoting practical and impactful women’s empowerment initiatives, social and gender justice, community based protection initiatives around GBV, sexual reproductive health, among others to development and humanitarian action programs.
- Any other related task/s to Gender and protection issues.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree in Gender/protection studies, related Social Studies, Developmental Studies. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 4 years of experience in gender and protection programming, including significant experience on GBV, women’s
voice and/or economic empowerment and at least 2 years’ experience of working in an
advisory, technical coordination position.
- Strong understanding of the Sudan political and legal systems as related to women’s rights as
well as demonstrated experience in working in/collaborating with civil society.
- Proven skills in partnership building, influencing and negotiation with a range of actors,
including governments, UN agencies, academic institutions, networks, national/local NGOs and
- Fluency/working proficiency in both English and Arabic (written and verbal).
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to design and direct research, needs assessments, and
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Clearly state your contact address and more than One telephone number
- Only short listed will be contacted
- Closing date is Thursday 11th August 2022
- Applicants are requested to submit applications and CVs and non-returnable photocopies of certificates to be addressed to: Labor office, Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC), Eastern end of Gamhoriya Street & through online via: https://www.sudanjob.net
- Women are highly encouraged to apply for this position