We work with organizations around the world to help poor and vulnerable people overcome emergencies, earn a living through agriculture and access affordable health care.
Programs, RISING III
Senior Project Officer- RISING III
No. of Post:
Mornie -West Darfur, Sudan
07 August 2022
Catholic Relief Services (CRS), an international relief and development agency, committed to the alleviation of human suffering, the development of people and the fostering of charity and justice in the world irrespective of race, creed, or nationality. CRS seeks qualified Sudanese candidates to fill the following post based in Mornie -West Darfur, Sudan. CRS is an equality opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
CRS with funding from USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (USAID/BHA) is implementing ‘The Recovery in Sudan for Improved Nutrition and Growth III (RISING III) project’ in five states of Darfur, Sudan. This project aims to enhance food and nutrition security year-round for 28,600 vulnerable households in 92 communities of Darfur. RISING II also seeks to reduce existing and potential conflict between livelihood and ethnic groups by strengthening communities’ ability to prevent, mitigate and respond to disputes over access to, control over and use of natural resources.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Senior Project Officer - RISING III, the PO will facilitate the achievement of project objectives, coordinating and reporting on all project,
linkages between livelihoods and other strategic objectives. POs will organize and lead the implementation of livelihoods activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan. POs will coordinate and oversee working relationships with the private sector, all local project stakeholders, particularly the Ministries of Agriculture and Livestock and that of finance – cooperative department and serve as the liaison between them and the project team. POs will support training and provide oversight of Community Extension Workers (CEWs) and Community Animal Health Workers (CAHWs). POs will report to RISING III SPOs or Program Managers for East and West Darfur.
Duties and responsibilities:
- At the field level, coordinate needs assessments for proposal development involving staff, targeted communities, local partners and government stakeholders.
- Assist the PM and other country Program (CP) members to develop a standard list of costs for livelihood activities and optimal staffing levels and ratios.
- Provide information for business development tools such as problem, gap, stakeholder, conflict and risk analysis.
Project Management, Implementation and Development
- Assist the PM in the overall management, supervision, oversight and implementation of the Agriculture and private sector engagement activities at the field level including the promotion of optimal crop production techniques and technologies including improved Natural Resource Management (NRM).
- Organize and train both formal and informal farmer extension groups for the implementation of agricultural early recovery and development options.
- Facilitate farmer groups to organize into viable associations or cooperatives in coordination with the relevant line Ministries
- Organize market and business forums for the farmer associations, the private sector and the financial institutions
- Organize relevant market and business training for the farmer associations/cooperatives in coordination with the relevant ministries.
- Provide technical support and creative solutions to National NGO and Private Sector Engagement partners to ensure the provision of quality and timely implementation of agricultural and market access activities.
- Actively participate in the information sharing, program improvement and strategic planning through linkages with all project staff, stakeholder forums, and other NGOs to ensure integrated, coordinated and timely project implementation.
- Compile reports into detailed monthly and quarterly work plans for activities according to the project targets, timeframe and budget.
- In collaboration with the project team and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, monitor and evaluate the impact of programming, track activities and provide suggestions to the PM based on evidence on how to refine activities if changes are required.
- Compile weekly and monthly activity updates with support for the documentation and dissemination of project achievements, challenges, lessons learned and best practices.
- Represent CRS to community leaders, communities, local authorities, government officials, NGOs as well as Sectoral Coordination meetings as needed.
- Work closely with the Logistics, Administration, and Finance departments, initiate and complete proper CRS financial and procurement procedures to ensure punctual and efficient delivery of services and project implementation.
- Always Ensure compliance with CRS Security protocol ,
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the Program Manager and CRS Management
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree in Agriculture, Economics, and/or related fields
- At least three years of relevant experience in the field of Agriculture and Livelihoods
- Previous experience in project implementation and reporting with NGOs
- Previous experience in emergency relief operations in Agriculture is an advantage, experience in early recovery activities is preferred
- Experience of working with the private sector will be an added advantage
- Ability to work without close supervision as well as part of the team in fast-paced environment according to CRS Standard Operating Procedures.
- Extensive experience working with beneficiary communities, especially strong networking skills to liaise with local authorities
- Basic financial management skills
- Ability to travel
- Excellent English/Arabic written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook email strongly preferred
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, human trafficking everywhere and at all times. I, the applicant, accept these requirements as part of my job application.
Submission location: -
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume and copies of your education and work certificates Catholic Relief Services organization - El Geneina Office. Ensure that your cover letter or resume has a phone number here you can be reached.