Duties and responsibilities:
- Proposal Development Support:
- Support the Grants and Business Development (GBD) Unit in the development of a Donor Strategy Plan to assist Alight to attract high value business and private donors.
- Under the guidance of the Grants & Business Development Coordinator (G&BDC), liaise with field staff during the preparation and submission of concept papers and grants proposals.
- Track Expression of Interests (EOI), Requests for Applications (RFAs) and Requests for Information (RFI) and proposal opportunities from government agencies, UN and non-traditional donors.
- Work closely with key internal program and technical advisors to collect / provide all necessary documents and annexes, including but not limited to Teaming Agreements, bio data sheets, technical fact sheets and capability statements.
- Interface cross-functionally with program staff, senior technical advisors, finance and other collaborators to respond to questions and complete proposals in a timely and accurate manner.
- Grants Management:
- Disseminate donor and ARC standards to program team, operations and other budget holders in a timely fashion including approved proposals and grant agreements to facilitate shared understanding
- Develop and maintain a database of grants and grantees to track fund-flows, reporting requirements, audits, contract deliverables and budget revisions.
- Support grant opening meetings / start-up workshops, providing guidelines and tools as well as any required training (e.g. donor requirements, budget analysis & management) and enhance compliance standards within the organization.
- Assist the GBD unit in facilitating monthly meeting to discuss grant burn rates, BVAs GSPs, Program performance, review budget realignment and grant C/NCE requests as needed.
- Facilitate close out-meetings for expired grants
- Request DoAs from HQ for donor / sub-grantee agreements
- Liaise with donors to address compliance issues, for approval requests and processing grant and contract modifications, change in scope of work, budget realignment, no-cost extensions and grant closure.
- Donor Reports Support:
- Review draft of major donor reports for compliance, content and format and facilitate review discussions and inputs by technical advisors and field teams
- Maintain a calendar of reports and liaise with field teams, global support teams and technical advisors.
Strengthen internal and external communications capacity
- Manage information and communication flows between field and Country Office and a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that the branding and communication guidelines are uniformly and consistently followed across Country Programme
- Plan, coordinate and manage strategic communications to increase engagement, visibility and voice for Alight Sudan’s programs
- Manage the production of high-quality communication products (including but not limited to infographics, factsheets, e-newsletter, human stories, brochures, briefing papaers, white papers, etc.) and its consistent circulation to internal staff
- Lead and manage the development of internal communication platforms and ensure its compliance with branding guidelines
- Establish and manage a systematic communication product resource center at the Country Office
- Regularly update platform; produce project and program specific factsheets, info packs, flyers, and posters
- Manage and regularly update Alight’s corporate website with high quality design & contents
- Promote becoming Alight transitioning campaign through innovative and diversified publications and communication products
- Strengthening the way we communicate about advocacy and campaign through producing series of campaign presentations and other supporting innovative communication materials to be circulated internally and externally
- Regularly produce stories in coordination with field technical team to support fundraising efforts
- Provide communications capacity building trainings to staff and partners
- Ensure that ARC Sudan events, key national, regional and global events are communicated well
- Ensure that ARC Sudan communication and visibility products are up to the expected standards
- Establish and manage Alight Sudan content bank
- Manage the quality and efficiency of Alight Sudan Social Media Channels and Workplace
- Ensure that respect, dignity and Safeguarding procedures are strictly followed when our beneficiaries are involved in Alight media, internal and external communications activities.
Strengthen Media Engagement, Organizational Visibility and Brand 40%
- Develop and implement a media and communications strategy aligned to Alight’s programming priorities.
- Work closely with SMT, technical coordinators and advisor to develop key messages and promote programmatic goals in the media.
- Draft newsworthy media releases aligned to advocacy, campaigns and humanitarian priorities.
- Develop core materials including Q&A, key messages, case studies, blogs, and talking points.
- Build and maintain relationships with key national and international journalists and media outlets.
- Arrange media briefings.
- Coach and brief colleagues ahead of media interviews and build the communications capacity of staff in the Country Office and the field for effective media engagement.
- Undertake effective media monitoring for the Country Office and maintain an up to date media database.
- Use new and traditional media tools and track trends to leverage news opportunities and advocacy, including social media, and train colleagues on these as needed.
- Facilitate national and international media visits showcasing issues relevant to advocacy, campaigns and humanitarian priorities.
- Assist in the preparation of crisis communications plans, including risk mitigation strategies around sensitive issues affecting IDPs, refugees and persons with protection concerns, and recognize red lines for messaging.
- Ensure proper sign-off of all media materials by the Country Director and Country Programme manager where appropriate.
Representation and Coordination
- Maintain close relations with advocacy, media and communication focal points for relevant actors (donors, bilateral and multilateral coordination bodies, research organizations and academics, and relevant government institutions) in Sudan.
- Liaise with donors, local authorities, government ministries, including ministries of health at the federal and state levels, UN, and international and national NGOs.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Social Sciences, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in international humanitarian assistance program
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in drafting successful proposals including conceptualizing and technical writing (narrative & budget)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in writing and editing donor reports that leverage evidence to capture program impact, including success stories and lessons learnt in collaboration with field program teams
- Minimum 5 years administration of complex grants and contracts in compliance with donor, organizational and legal requirements and regulations
- Experience with evidence-based program design, using qualitative and quantitative data to support proposal development and new business pitches
- Detailed oriented; ability to maintain awareness of and analyses trends and influences.
- Willingness to assume personal responsibility for all outcomes; produce and make effective and timely decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Able to relate to, and represent Alight to major program partners in a highly professional manner.
- Capacity building experience in project design, implementation, reporting and evaluation
- Computer knowledge including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Demonstrated communications and inter-personal skills with an ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment and provide solutions-based approach that respects divergent opinions and finds common ground for solutions
- Cultural sensitivity, flexibility and adaptability to work with multi-cultural staff
- Ability to take initiative and move forward with minimal supervision and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent English writing and presentation skills including professional reports and grant proposals. Proven skills in creative and persuasive writing for various audiences.
- Ability to adhere to humanitarian principles: Humanity, Neutrality, Impartiality and Independence
- Previous experience in the humanitarian sector in Sudan is preferred
- Travel to the field required up to 40% of the time