Duties and responsibilities:
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards...) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Renewing the authorization to use radio material with local authorities.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager
- Coordinating with Log Manager for Planning movement
- Managing and Preparing roaster for drivers and guards.
- Make sure drivers and guards follow MSF rules and regulations.
- Follow up with maintenance of generator, vehicles and premises (base, guesthouses, warehouse).
- Supervise handy man in his tasks should not be afraid of getting dirty hands if the Handyman needs an extra hand.
- Recruit daily workers when needed or to cover for staff on sick leave or annual leave.
- Prepare worksheets and daily attendance sheet for daily workers.
- The responsibility for refueling and servicing the vehicles and generators (together with Flying electrician/ Handy man for the practical execution).
- Follow up also the day to day care for the premises in Khartoum (water, electricity, waste management and so on) will be responsibility of the logbase
- It will be mostly steering role but should have basic computer knowledge to be able to fill out an excel sheet, draft a contract
- In addition to any other tasks given by the line manager