Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify and assess hazards, risks and control measures for a specific operation or process in EGHL.
- Conduct ongoing review of operations and processes to identify potential hazards, risks and control measures that should be implemented to reduce these risks, including all costs involved in implementing such measures in EGHL.
- Assess and document hazards, risks and controls in a manner consistent with established procedures and practices.
- Co-ordinate with EGHL companies HSE Managers to set objectives and disseminate HSE culture
- Co-ordinate and liaise with Group Security Manager and Group Environmental Specialists in related matters.
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual Group HSSE performance reports and keep records.
- Ensure that health, safety, and environmental policies are followed.
- Plan and implement HSE policies and programs
- Advise and lead EGHL employees on various safety-related topics
- Review existing policies and procedures
- Adhere to all the rules and regulations
- Work with EGHL HR to set up a new employee on-boarding process for safety
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Check if all the employees are acting in adherence with rules and regulations
- Prepare and present reports on accidents and violations and determine causes
- Manage Monitor HSE performance via establishing active and reactive KPI’s
- Responsible for risk management processes in EGHL, identifying controls and critical-task owners required to manage HSE risks to an acceptable and manageable level in Shell Sudan.
- Support for HSE management within EGHL and across its Companies, provide mechanism for compliance monitoring in line with overall Group HSE strategies.
- Lead HSSE issues specific to EGHL, and act as focal-point for integrating HSE initiatives, programmes and standards from Group HSSE Directorate, overall Companies HSE plans and maintain alignment, coach HSE Implementers and HSE Managers in Companies to perform their tasks and responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain Legal Register assess and identify conformity gaps; monitor gap closure.
- Maintain hazards register of critical activities.
- Implementation& reviewing of HSE-MS elements and manage & monitor gaps closure.
- Participating in incident/Accident Investigations – Ensure Review, Evaluation, Reporting & Follow up.
- HSE Auditing – Participation and monitoring of audit programme.
- Assist with HSE training/Competence Development.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- NEBOSH IGC would be preferred
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, interpretations, and health and safety programs.
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety
- Excellent knowledge of legislations and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Must be good communicator and be fluent in English and Arabic
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office is required with special emphasis on MS-Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Able to work in different locations where environmental concerns are present.
- Must be able to lead and guide small tea