About RI: Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure the well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises, and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach —, which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design, and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The Grants Compliance and Reporting Officer will support in overseeing the management and coordination of RI Sudan sub-awards and proofreading and copy-editing of program reports and documentation. This position will also be responsible for supporting the day-to-day grants and information management and providing support to the Grants and Compliance Coordinator in administrative coordination, monitoring key milestones in the award process, reports review, and coordination and managing risk across all elements of the awards process. The position will be based in Khartoum with frequent travel to the field (currently North Darfur and the Blue Nile).
We are looking for a resourceful candidate with good planning and problem-solving abilities. Must be a quick learner who works well in a dynamic role and is able to organize, track, and manage complex information. This position will collaborate closely with the programs, and operations departments of the RI.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Grants Compliance and Management (50%):
- Support administration functions regarding award management through the proposal, implementation, and grant closure phases.
- Support the Grants and Compliance Coordinator with scheduling grants-related meetings during the project's life cycle and by taking and distributing detailed notes as required.
- Support on grant amendments process including narrative and budget revisions and extension requests.
- Maintain up-to-date grants and partnership trackers and calendars, with internal and donor deadlines including grants opening, review, and closeout meetings, and ensure proper adherence to it.
- Support the management of sub-awards in line with the RI Partnership Management Toolkit by acting as RI Sudan focal point and main contact for partnerships, communicating information with the team, and escalating questions or concerns as needed.
- In collaboration with the Programs team, track sub-awards deliverables and ensure that partners’ contractual narrative and financial reports are reviewed, and feedback is provided by the relevant staff.
- Coordinate partnership opening, review, and closing meetings with partners and RI teams to ensure partner projects are implemented according to the work plan and log frame approved.
- Support RI’s role in the delivery of capacity strengthening plans for partners and track and document partners’ lessons learned from finalized sub-awards.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are met and support RI program implementation.
- Support the development of high-quality donor reports by ensuring reports reflect the status of projects in a transparent, timely, and professional manner.
- Ensure program and operation team are informed on the required reporting inputs, disseminate required templates, instructions, and support for timely submission of reports.
- Follow-up with appropriate departments as needed for report inputs, consolidate the inputs, and ensure the first report's review.
- Ensure monthly reports (internal) from all departments (Program, Operation, Finance, HR, and Field team) are received, consolidated, and reviewed by Grant's unit before sharing with SMT.
- Maintain a proper filling of submitted donor and internal reports as per RI information management systems.
- Ensure donor and internal reporting trackers are in place and properly rolled out. [D1] [CJ(2]
- University Degree in English & Creating Writing, or Development Studies/Social sciences or Mass Communication or Journalism or Public Relations from reputable universities. A Master’s in English will be an added advantage.
- Excellent English writer, with at least 4 years of experience in report writing and/ or Proofreading & Copy-editing.
- At least two (2) years of experience working in grants and programs/projects management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- An overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications and build internal and external relationships
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to manage and fast-paced coordination of work in a positive manner.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
To apply: Please, submit your CV, work certificates, and qualification to HAC Office in Khartoum, a telephone contact number and two professional references, or online through sudanjob.net closing date: 26.06.2022, at 14:00
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview. To find out more about Relief International please visit our website at http://www.ri.org
[D1]All tasks here should be related to reporting.
Please work on the document and send it to me for approval
If you feel that some of the tasks here can move under Grants Compliance and management, please move them.