The Supply chain officer is accountable for the timely and efficient procurement of goods & supplies and service in accordance with timescales set and agreed with program staff and SCI systems policies, and procedures. She/he will be responsible for undertaking the responsibilities of operational procurement and supply chain, and managing the preparation of the Procurement process in all steps and stages, especially when it comes to purchasing orders and contracts. Advice on best sources of supply under the supervision of the supply chain coordinator and in coordination with the Program and Finance. Verify purchase requests ensuring all required information is provided. Process Purchase Requests using pre-established FWAs and Pre-Qualified Supplier (PQS) lists and carry out comparative bid analysis, Procurement committees, and PO processes. She/he will ensure that items procured match programmatic requests and are of good quality and value for money.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Supply chain coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: Drivers
Duties and responsibilities:
In coordination with the supply chain coordinator and finance coordinator, the supply chain officer shall curry out the following duties
- Ensuring that all procurement is carried out in line with appropriate processes, procedures, and documentation in line with Save the Children policies and where required to do so donor rules.
- Making sure that order schedules and delivery lead times are met, if not, inform in advance all those that may be affected by the delay.
- Ensuring that approved suppliers and framework agreements are used at all times during procurement of goods
- Developing and maintaining price lists of all commonly used program supplies
- Ensuring that Procurement Requisition has all the necessary information filled including charge code and required signatures.
- Providing support and direction to the driversin transport management and ensuring that they are executed in line with SCI guidelines
- Maintaining and updating all required records and paperwork for vehicles and drivers.
- Managing fuel and maintenance contracts as needed.
- Ensuring that planned preventative maintenance is carried out on both vehicles and generators to a high standard with minimum disruption to program activities.
- Ensuring that all drivers are briefed on and adhere to Save the Children policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the office asset register is well maintained
- Prepare the updates for the inventory assets register (including tagging and receiving assets disposal forms).
- Ensuring that all assets have been issued a unique identification number and tracked on a central Asset Register, maintained at field office ( Damazine )
- Regularly updating the asset register whenever transfers, disposal, changes in condition, and procurement take place with details of that transfer, disposal, etc.
- Coordinating a full physical verification of asset register at least once a year to verify that the assets are in place and their condition.
- Stores Management: of Stores/warehouses supervision (all stores in Blue Nile – Damazine ), including maintaining proper store records, proper stacking, proper ventilation, proper safety and security measures, etc.
- Consignee: serve as consignee for the physical receipt/count of all equipment/goods, received from suppliers and/or sent from Country office to the field office for maintenance or any other purpose and responsible to dispatch them after maintenance.
- Responsible for issuing the Good Receipt Note (GRN).
- Dispatch and transportation of goods & supplies: Responsible on making sure that the supply chain officer Performs the tasks for transportation from Damazine of purchased/acquired Goods & supplies. Responsible for preparation of the required detailed waybills. Follow up the loading processes and the communications with transporters and the point of delivery, until the receipt of GRN and/or authenticated waybill(s).
- Reporting: responsible on making sure of the reporting on stock status and consumption tracking of all goods, supplies and items in Damazine office stores
- Stock replenishment: maintain records of the desired minimum & maximum level as per Agency standards. Follow up on the process of replenishment of stocks of all items in the store.
- TIM: Attain TIM training and further work on data provision for TIM warehouse Report.
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Ensure medicines and medical supplies,including cold chain items, are properly stored.
- Supervise the daily entry and dispatch of medicines from the Stock.
- Ensuring that all incoming and outgoing stock that are targeted for beneficiary distributions and program use and all GIK are captured into TIM
- Endorsing for approval stock movements that have been captured in TIM by the Supply Chain Assistant
- Ensuring that stock in TIM and Physical inventory are properly reconciled and are always balancing.
- Performs any other duties and tasks, which are commensurate with the responsibilities and level of the post
- Fully aware of Pro save system
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all children who have contact with the organization are safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from child abuse and sexual exploitation. This commitment is implemented through the organization’s Child Safeguarding Policy, which includes mandatory requirements that apply to everyone in all aspects of Save the Children’s work. It applies equally to all children irrespective of their gender, disability, ethnicity, sexuality, marital status or religion.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Bachelor Degree in Administrative Sciences. An MBA is desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 3 years, proven experience in administrating Supply Chain functions:- Fleet, Warehousing, Procurement and Asset Management,
- Good command in and ability to understand Logistics issues.