WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Administration team to coordinate and provide high-quality, client-focused, and value-for-money-oriented administration services? Are you ready to provide guidance to new staff members and to the design and delivery of specialized services that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
WFP is looking for a Human Resources Assistant One (1) position at Service Contract, SC5. for our office in Khartoum in Sudan.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world
achieve Zero Hunger
in our lifetimes. Every day works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and most complex operations for the UN WFP, is currently rolling out its five-year
Country Strategic Plan
(2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food, and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programs (Nutrition, Resilience, and School Feeding).
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Headquarters (HQ). The job holders report to an HR Officer or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a full range of HR activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action within their area of expertise and may provide guidance to other staff.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Under the Overall Supervision of the Head of the HR unit and direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer, The Human Resources Assistant will perform a range of HR tasks to support the accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients.
2. Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
3. Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
4. Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
5. Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer including on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
6. Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
7. Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
8. Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
9. Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basic reports, to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least two years in human resources or other related fields.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Knowledge of general HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Good communication skills and basic understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve general HR queries.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
• Ability to collate and compile relevant data from a variety of sources in order to produce periodic reports for supervisor(s).
• Ability to monitor and record personnel files and documentation in an organized manner and in line with compliance standards.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has managed and Implemented HR policy and procedures in line with WFP operating standers.
- Has conducted specific HR services activities such as payroll administration, aspects of recruitment, and interview administration.
- Has provided ad-hoc guidance to less experienced staff members.
- Has provided a briefing to the new recruits as a part of the onboarding process.
- Has gained experience working across a range of WFP contexts and with varying strategic priorities.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at
If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure to fill the mandatory sections, attach your CV, answer the pre-screening questions, and agree on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promoting diversity, gender parity, and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 29 June 2022
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment zero tolerance.
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
- Please indicate in your cover letter the duty station(s) of your preference.