Type of Contract:
No. of Post:
Ed-Damazine- Blue Nile State, SUDAN
23 June 2022
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) mandate provides support that enhances national capacity and ownership to enable national partners to formulate gender-responsive laws and policies and to scale up successful strategies to deliver on national commitments that promote gender equality, women’s empowerment and human rights. For the Sudan, though women form the majority of the population, they have less opportunity in terms of access to resources, economic opportunities as well as protection of their rights. While acknowledging that women's rights and gender equality issues are central to reconciliation, consolidation of peace, reconstruction and development processes, this calls for critical support and investment in actions which promote and protect their rights, access to livelihoods as well as a need to strengthen women’s leadership at all levels.
UN Women has developed a long-term programme for Sudan since 2005 which aims at addressing priorities identified by the Sudanese women in different forums as well as assisting in consolidating the gains already made through the different activities which have already been undertaken.
UN Women has also programmes for Blue Nile State (BN) for building capacities of Women CSO partners for strengthening their role in the development agenda.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes:
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds.
- Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances.
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme team.
2. Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit:
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project.
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes/projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms.
- Prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Process payment for consultants, as delegated.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
3. Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit:
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions.
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims.
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists.
4. Provide administrative support to resource mobilization
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
5. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative and Finance management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in supporting a team is an asset.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Knowledge of programme management.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
- Good financial and budgeting skills.
- Good IT skills.
Please note that applications without a completed and signed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
UN Women Personal History form (P-11) can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment .
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.