TEPS - Sudan
Grants Manager (GM)
No. of Post:
Long Term Technical Assistant, Full time, Specific Work Contract
30 June 2022
DT Global (DTG) is an implementing partner for USAID Project – Toward Enduring Peace in Sudan (TEPS).
Duties and responsibilities:
The Grants Assistant will support the timely and accurate implementation and support to grant development. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Grants Specialist and Procurement & Logistics Specialist, in analyzing bids for goods and services submitted by local suppliers.
- Assist in editing and uploading new concept notes as well as the detailed budgets in the GMS system and prepare the grants package
- Assist in uploading all grants documents on the dropbox to be archived and filed electronically as a backup
- Assist in drafting cash advance requests to the Finance Team for liquid funds necessary to implement the activity,
- Follow up with the grantee in the implementation and collect the grants deliverables, reports, and closure documents needed for grants closure.
- Assist the grants Manager and specialist in drafting and tracking grants agreements processing for final signatures.
- Ensure timely and efficient payment of local suppliers and community labor, in coordination with the finance department.
- Follow-up with grantees to acquire receipts and/or acquittals for all in-kind goods and services delivered to the grantee for the implementation of the activity.
- Assist the Grants Specialist in monitoring the implementation of all small grants and reporting according to the Grants Manager in a timely manner.
- Support the Khartoum office program team to maintain accurate grant files.
- Assist in the preparation of grant tracker and coordinate with the finance team to obtain the disbursement of the weekly grants.
- follow up with the HR department and the grantee to make sure they deliver all of the requirements to process the payments of the consultants and assist in writing testimonies
- Follow up with the procurement department and grantee on the in-kind grants to obtain commodities for the grants on time to avoid any delay.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, development, sociology, law, social or political science, or other development-related field required.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in program/Grants Management and working for an NGO and/or international development organization on development/disaster assistance programs; USAID experience preferred
- Competences in using computer packages including Word and Excel
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Sudan
- Ability to work effectively within a team and individually
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Applicants are requested to submit their CVs and a covering letter, the letter should outline your motivation and why you believe you are qualified for this position.
The deadline for all applications is June 30, 2022