OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Problem-solving skills, Decision making ability, Organisational skills, Procedural mindset, Ability to prioritise, understanding of quality management principles, Attention to detail, Ability to analyse data and understand connections, Management ability, Strong sense of time organization and urgency.
- Has developed or supported the development of multi-discipline work plans for the achievement of strategic aims within a defined area.
- Has gained experience in field operations, preferably in a hardship duty station or emergency.
- Has gained experience managing mid-size financial budgets, balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Has experience leading a mid-size to large team to ensure the effective delivery of objectives.
- Has participated in a government/ partner negotiation.
- Has participated in a moderately complex emergency operation or development programme
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: 29/6/2022
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply;
- This vacancy is open to qualified Sudanese Nationals Only;
- WFP does not charge any fee at any of its recruitment process;
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/ADIS status.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.