To ensure that the implementation of the WFP Food for Assistance (FFA) project activities is functioning properly, respecting protocols and principles of good practice.
- Responsible to ensure the effective implementation of all FFA project components; Crop productions, community woodlots, grassland reseeding, skills development activities.
- Actively participates in the programme development of nutrition sector, and conduct needs assessments in RI areas of operation as needs be.
- Conduct Market survey /assessments and produce reports
- In liaison with Nutrition coordinator, provide technical guidance to support Relief International FFA staff and relevant partners.
- Develop monthly work plans in liaison with Nutrition Coordinator, WASH officer and nutrition Officer.
- Compile Monthly activity/performance reports and submit to Nutrition Coordinator
- Facilitate supplies requests, distribution plans, and consumption reports
- Liaise with other implementing partners and local authorities to maximize collaboration and ensure proper coordination of activities
- Liaise with the food security and livelihood officer to ensure the promotion of food diversification through revitalizing/establishing vegetable garden, greenhouse for crop production at nutrition sites.
- Comply with all relevant Relief International policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Any other tasks as required by the Programmes/Nutrition Coordinator
- Health / Public Health / Nutrition / Agriculture BSc or equivalent
- Experience of emergency nutrition work and the design and implementation of feeding programmes (CMAM/FFA), including monitoring and evaluation
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
- Demonstrable ability at report writing and excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Commitment to and understanding of Relief International aims, values and principles
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation