Médecins sans Frontières is a private international medical emergency organisation. It provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, and does so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
Vacancy No: 20
Gross Salary (USD):
No. of Post:
27 June 2022
Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the security management and the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Represent MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator and negotiating on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging. Assisting in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion.
- Organize contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator as per needs.
- Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- Monitor, analyse and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of key actors and counterparts.
- Ensure the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts.
- Prepare and conduct context, cultural and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment.
- Translate and review documents and acting as an interpreter when needed.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts
- Assist in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participating in the development of security plans
- Perform assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Project Coordinator
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Desirable university Degree
- Essential 2 years of previous experience in similar position in the field of humanitarian aid. Work with MSF or other NGOs is asset.
- Fluent Arabic and English
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media)
- Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values
- Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues
- In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills
- High level of knowledge of local culture and customs
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
Applications must be in English language and include:
Updated contact details (candidate’s phone number and a backup phone number)
Sudanese National ID
Copy of certificates of experience and qualification
Application to MSF Switzerland Office, Omdurman reception before 27th June 2022 4:00 PM
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.