Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Review Purchase Request, Expense Reports, and Advances per the AAM.
2. Review Quotation Analysis, Purchase Order & Service Contacts per the AAM.
3. Review cash transactions in FC vs hard copies, make corrections, sign-on test print, and submit to
Khartoum office for posting.
4. Enter/Review bank transactions into FC and submit to KRT for review and post
5. Submit final supportive documents and FC vouchers to KRT office SFO/AFM weekly
6. Receive feedback & file reviewed & posted G/L voucher
7. Follow up contacts, vendors payments and records
8. Assist with month end balance sheet account reconciliations.
Monitor advances/ advance ageing report.
10. Participate in Annual inventory & reconcile with stock records and navigator
11. Submit approved Cash Flow projections to Khartoum office
12. Perform weekly cash count and/or facilitate month end cash count Last working day of
13. Do manual respective field bank accounts reconciliation
14. Submit month end reporting packages to Khartoum office every month
15. Submit approved Field Cash Transfer Requests up to twice in a month
16. Field level employees taxes payment if there is any
· Daily management of the assistant finance officer.
· Oversee daily cash count with the assistant finance officer.
· Manage the month end accounting close process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the ledger, sub journals and all supporting documentation in all country offices.
· Primary responsibility for maintaining the general ledger software files, including set up and maintenance of new project accounts, regular back up of files, etc.
· Review sub journals and upload data to the general ledger.
· Prepare revenue recognition entries and other final closing journal entries.
· Enter, post and maintain filing of monthly journal entries.
· Prepare month end balance sheet account reconciliations.
· Coordinate the preparation and ensure the on-time submission of the monthly reporting package to HQ.
· Oversee the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded.
· Assist in the training and support of the finance officers in field offices, including answering daily questions, training new hires, making field visits, etc.
· Monitor cash and bank balances and coordinate monthly cash flow requests from sub-offices; prepare consolidated country cash flow requests to HQ.
· Assist the Finance Manager in responding to audit inquiries.
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
· Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
· Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews.
· Supervise, hire and orient new team members as necessary.
· Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives.
· Contribute to country team-building efforts, help team members identify problem-solving options and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
· Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
· Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
· As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
· Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
· Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Reports Directly To: Finance Manager
Works Directly With: Finance team. Procurement, Administration and Logistics Team. Program team.