ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Coordinate activities with all involved implementing agencies. Organize monthly meetings with all partner organizations to ensure close cooperation and sharing of lessons learned.
2. Monitor and measure project implementation, impact, standards, and operational compliance and identify areas for improvement for our NGO partners and MC staff.
3. Give constructive feedback on project operations and reporting of partner NGOs.
4. Provide technical, administrative, managerial, and financial support to partner NGOs where necessary.
5. Lead the preparations for internal monthly program review meetings and weekly reporting.
6. Produce formal and informal reports on all aspects of the project in a timely and efficient manner.
7. Coordinate work plans and lead the follow and monitoring of each state’s workplan.
8. Coordinate capacity building for staff - identify training needs and develop, implement, and maintain training plans.
9. Train MC National staff in all aspects of monitoring, evaluation, quality control, and general project implementation.
10. Participate in meetings relevant to the program.
11. Oversee all field officers and be the key focal point for troubleshooting and problemsolving.
12. Ensure projects are run according to stated objectives, outputs, activities, indicators, timelines, and budgets.
13. Participate in weekly management meetings and produce weekly reports.
14. Stay abreast of project developments and needs.
15. Follow through on program needs as required, such as procurement, meeting scheduling, and consultant finding,
16. Liaise with and support key program staff to ensure that the Mercy Corps program activities are running effectively and making best use of project resources;
17. Troubleshoot on reporting and programmatic needs. Advise supervisor on improvements and necessities, as required;
18. Assist in training Mercy Corps staff on survey and data collection strategies. Assist in designing surveys and report formats, as required;
19. Provide written and oral translation and report writing for program staff, as necessary;
20. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
21. Other duties as assigned.
REPRESENTATION AND COORDINATION
● Establish and maintain close and productive relationships with local authorities, cluster coordination, as well as relevant national government authorities, in close coordination with the Programme Lead.
● Represent MC at all relevant coordination meetings at field level and provide written update about each representation and actively participate in humanitarian advocacy initiative at field and national level;
● Coordinate with other INGOs in Sudan to ensure MC’s comparative advantage and identify new strategic partnerships; SAFETY AND SECURITY
● Work closely with the country team’s security focal point to ensure that programs are contributing to and responding to safety and security plans and procedures;
● Ensure that programs are designed and implemented with a clear analysis and understanding of security management priorities;
● Ensure that team members in all field offices strictly abide by security standards in each office location. ORGANIZATIONAL LEARNING As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: N/A ACCOUNTABILITY REPORTS DIRECTLY TO:
Programme Lead/Gender Advidosr WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Program Officers, Peacebuilding & Advocacy Coordinators, Gender Officers, MEL Teams, Senior Management Team in Khartoum, Grants & Reporting Specialist plus others.