4. Methodology and Data Collection Tools
The Consultant(s) bidding for this assignment are expected to present a detailed technical proposal presenting a methodology that responds to the specific objectives above.
This may include: survey, Focus Group Discussions (FGDs).
Tools will be developed by the consultant in consultation with SFCG staff. They will consider the following:
- Media consumption habits.
The Consultant(s) will need to consider sampling strategies and research designs that are feasible given the restrictions within the time duration of the study.
Methodologies should consider:
- Explanation of the approach to sampling e.g. details of the sampling techniques to be used to identify the respondents and the sample size.
- A detailed breakdown of the proposed sample (sampling should consider gender, consideration of coverage of different ethnic groups, and different geographical locations, etc.)
Key roles of the consultant
The consultant/s will work in close collaboration with Search’s Program, Design, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Institutional Learning Teams to design the detailed methodology and tools for the study, conduct data collection and processing, lead the data analysis and write the study report.
Search anticipates following roles of the consultant/s in carrying out the study:
- Develop the inception report and tools to carry out the study;
- Conduct data collection and data processing with using decent quality control mechanism; get all the FGDs translated and transcribed and submit to the search team.
- Data analysis and reporting;
- Develop the final study report (details are provided under Deliverables section);
- Develop PowerPoint slide decks and present them to the Search team upon completion of the report.
Answer any follow-up questions around the assessment and the final report.
Search expects the following deliverables from the external consultant(s) as they correspond to the timeline and budget:
● An inception report detailing the study methodology and timeline and tools for data collection in English; The tools will need to be translated later.
● A draft report in English, for review by Search staff;
● A final report in English (25 pages max in length, excluding appendices).
● Final presentation of the work to Search staff, PowerPoint in English and Arabic
● All original data (raw data files and their transcripts) submitted to Search along with detailed information on the demographics of respondents;
Consultant(s) will be responsible for the logistical arrangements of their enumerators in the fields for data collection processes
5. Ethical Considerations
The consultant should make sure that both conflict sensitivity and Do No Harm approaches are considered during the study implementation, as well as inclusion principles (i.e. gender, age, ethnicity, religion, etc.). In addition, the consultant should make sure that informed consent is collected.
6. Data Quality Assurance and Management
All studies will be reviewed and approved by Search-Sudan country office and global Institutional Learning Team prior to acceptance of the final product.
The assignment will be carried out during the period from 23rd of January to 22nd of February 2022.
Inception report – 24th January 2022.
Draft report - 7th February 2022.
Final report - 17th February 2022.
A detailed budget should be provided following budget information:
Daily rates for personnel;
Costs related to tools design, data collection, and the data analysis;
Report writing and presentation.