1. To Support WASH technical aspect & interventions (60%)
- Make all the necessary arrangements and planning including supervision of hygiene kits distribution ;
- In collaboration with team, write the weekly/monthly reports on the activities.
- Coordinate hygiene activities and sensitize local partners in the field ;
- Identify the community’s technical training needs and develop training needs plans and execution plans;
- Organize information meetings with community members to develop their knowledge in terms of water quality and hygienic practices.
- Identify the key hygiene messages to promote;
- Elaborate the content of the required training and organize it ;
- Train the team of health educators and make sure they transmit messages clearly to the community ;
- Organize the team’s work: optimize the distribution of tasks according to the members’ potentials.
2. Planning, Coordination and Reporting (25%)
2.1 Prepare detailed implementation plan and monthly activity plans for WASH activities in the operation area in line with Sector Annual AOP and in consultation with WASH Coordinator and the other community structures, and ensure timely implementation and regular
2.2 Attend and represent the sector at WASH sector specific coordination meetings ,concerning operation area and other project areas and provide feedback to CI
2.3 Oversee the work of partner staff and line ministry , giving them timely feedback and assisting them to develop and implement task plans
2.4 Prepare weekly updates and monthly progress reports of WASH activities in the operation areas , bring out outputs and challenges clearly
2.5 lead the review of partners reports and action
Procurement and Work plan (15%)
1.1 Requisition and organize delivery of WASH materials/tools/equipment to operation area in a timely manner with close coordination with other related WASH officers
1.2 Monitor distribution of WASH materials/tools/equipment by WSCs to households to ensure equity and accountability
1.3 Liaise with the WASH store keeper to ensure that an up to date stock inventory is kept
1.4 Liaise with procurement and finance team in related to WASH implementation and planning