Community sensitization and mobilization for hygiene promotion
1. Assist the EHO-Hygiene in assessing hygiene promotion issues and needs
2. Assist the EHO-Hygiene in selection and orientation of Community Health Promoters (CHP)
3. Supervise CHPs in conducting sensitization and awareness campaigns in the camp
4. Assist EHO-Hygiene in Monitoring regular cleaning campaigns, while capturing suitable data on the campaign
Health Education and hygiene monitoring for behavior change
1. Assist EHO-Hygiene in conducting regular KAP (Knowledge, Attitude and Practice) surveys in the camp to establish hygiene awareness and practice levels, impact of hygiene activities and to determine gaps and fresh course of action.
2. Compile Household Survey data on monthly basis.
3. Organize camp clean up and latrine clean up campaigns in collaboration with the CHPs
Community Training and skills transfer
1. Orient new CHPs in Hygiene Promotion
2.Assist EHO-Hygiene in conducting Water User Committees-WUCs and CHPs in Training of Trainers (TOT)
3. Assist EHO-Hygiene in training CHPs and WUCs (in community mobilization, hygiene promotion techniques, health education, communication skills, leadership skills, KAP survey, etc)
Planning, Coordination and Reporting
Prepare weekly updates and monthly progress reports of hygiene promotion activities ( Household visits, Jerry can cleaning campaigns, General Cleaning campaigns & Public awareness campaigns) to the EHO-Hygiene in the prescribed format, bring out essential outputs and challenges clearly.