· Carries out repairs on trucks, light vehicles, generators, forklifts and other ICRC mechanical equipment and takes part in welding, body repairs and painting as required.
· Carries out preventative maintenance on ICRC vehicles, pumps and generators, to internal and/or the manufacturer's specifications.
· Ensures that all service and repair forms are correctly filled out and forwarded for all jobs carried out.
· Ensures that spare parts and consumables stocks are kept at the agreed levels; takes part in placing orders for spare parts and equipment as required.
· Ensures that technical and personal security standards are followed as regards their work.
· Assists with fueling and cleaning vehicles where required.
· Is responsible for tools or other property issued to them by the ICRC.
· Actively assists in keeping inventory for the workshop and its stores as required.
· Supervises, trains and coaches the Mechanic's Helper.