WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Logistics team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused logistics services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective logistics management solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced Logistics Associate (Traffic Control Supervisor), to join our logistics teams in El Obied, Sudan, to be hired on a Service Contract at SC6 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for the UN WFP, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer the Logisitcs Associate (Traffic Control Supervisor) shall perform the following duties:-
1. Prepares information for the formulation of a Project Activity Work Plan to ensure a smooth and efficient Transport Operation;
2. Monitoring established tasks of the Project Activity Work Plan in accordance to projected schedules and goals set;
3. Liaises with government bodies and other relevant parties to obtain all the necessary permissions / documentation to operate the fleet efficiently;
4. Develops the Convoy/Route Plan and updates the Transport Route Matrix;
9. Develops & Manages Best Practices and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for efficient Transport Management;
10. Manages the recovery process for trucks that break down and takes the necessary action required with all parties concerned.
11. Maintains reports and documentation related to various activities e.g. ( motor vehicle insurance and annual inspections);
12. Manages the schedule for preventative maintenance for the fleet in close coordination with the Workshop Manager;
13. Perform any other duties as required.
5. Tracks and monitors the current position of all trucks / convoys using HF/ GPS and report any irregularities to Transport Manager for action as required;
6. Reviews documents for correctness and accuracy with the aim of producing timely daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and Annual Reports;
7. Liaises with Logistics unit to obtain Weekly / Monthly Transport Plans to ascertain projected tonnages and measure these against actual tonnages moved;
8. Liaises with respective parties in the event of accidents (Accident Management Process) in accordance to WFP guidelines;
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. A bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Transport Economics, Business Administration, Mechanical Engineering and similar fields is desirable
Experience: At least five years of progressive work experience in the field of Logistics (Mechanical Engineering, commercial transport logistics, vehicle workshop management, supply chain management etc)
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
• Experience in compiling contract documentation.
• Experience in contract execution.
• Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 05 Febrauary 2020
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
Please indicate in your cover letter the duty station(s) of your preference.