· Applies the established security rules at all times.
· Welcomes, screens, reports/records and announces all visitors and vehicles arriving at the assigned premises.
· Immediately reports any problem/incident or anything suspicious to his/her hierarchical supervisor.
· Performs regular checks of the premises/compound (including fire extinguishers, windows, doors, lights and piping) to prevent incidents.
· Makes sure that the guard post is not left unattended (i.e. does not leave the post until the guard on the next shift has arrived) and ensures proper handover to the next shift.